Do You Think the Name Cobb Will Be Iconic?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
talli wrote:
ok then...i dont know anything about acting :roll: ....explain to me how she is different
Watch Hard Candy.

sushant-dahiya wrote:
3. waste of time and threads with these pathetic questions like... "Is Cobb gonna be Iconic" or "Is Inception gonna be the best movie ever?" I mean how old are you? 11? The Movie isn't even out yet and you're trying to hype it ridiculously on no base whatsoever.

Read more: http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... z0rJNC8GHm
Hey RIFA if you think thant my thread is a waste of time then why bother replying me in first place.I am no hyping it.It is just a sort of opinion poll.And why even this msg board exists, so that we can discuss the possibilities,and outcomes.If just talking abt a moovie means overhyping to you, then god help you.

Awaiting your reply ....

one thing is to discuss the possibilities and outcomes and one thing is to ridiculously asking yourself questions or others if they think some character from a movie that isn't even out yet could be ICONIC... and by the way do you know what Iconic means? because it's such a hard word to describe something and you're a little kid obsessed by this movie and you should just wake up... we are all fans of nolan's work including myself, we all expect Inception to be a very good movie if not nolan's best including myself but this ICONIC bullsh*t is the same bullsh*t that I was talking in another thread when I was pointing out kids that loved Dark Knight and over night they just hop on Nolan's stuff and think that Ledger actually was/is the greatest actor on earth :think: :roll:
Last edited by RIFA on June 19th, 2010, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jr724 wrote:
talli wrote:
ok then...i dont know anything about acting :roll: ....explain to me how she is different
Watch Hard Candy.

so you cant explain it?

I really don't think there's any use in assuming what her performance in the film will be like.
Hopefully those that see it on Thursday will have plenty to write about.

George wrote:I really don't think there's any use in assuming what her performance in the film will be like.
Hopefully those that see it on Thursday will have plenty to write about.
:thumbup:

Kevin Cobb sounds better than Dom imo

I would like to tell you rifa that because nolan said tha cobb is going to be the emotional core of the movie,so the whole movie is based on his emotional journey.So,if inception turns out to be a good film,then cobb can become a name which people will recognize for many years. that is what i meant with the word iconic.

With all this secrecy is there a chance that Cobb would get killed off half way in the film? You know as to provide the big twist everyone is assuming this movie has.
{=}

The Special One wrote:With all this secrecy is there a chance that Cobb would get killed off half way in the film? You know as to provide the big twist everyone is assuming this movie has.
Wouldn't he have to exist in the first place? ;)

sushant-dahiya wrote:I would like to tell you rifa that because nolan said tha cobb is going to be the emotional core of the movie,so the whole movie is based on his emotional journey.So,if inception turns out to be a good film,then cobb can become a name which people will recognize for many years. that is what i meant with the word iconic.

even with that... Cobb is just a too wack-ass name for it to become Iconic... take a look at all the Iconic names... they're not wack in their essence..

Neo, Morpehus, Private Ryan, Vincent Vega, Corleone, Darth Vader, Indiana Jones, Freddy Krueger, Tony Montana, Jigsaw, Jack Sparrow, Gollum, James Bond, Ripley, Forrest Gump, John McClane, Red etc. - and they all had a great story behind, great great acting or portrayal of their character and that not only emotional and also they had an entertaining ability for the audience to watch...

as far as Cobb in Inception you only know what Nolan said but in The Prestige .. the emotional factor and the good portrayal of Angier did not made him ICONIC... ICONIC is not only some character that LOOKS GOOD or that you find it to be emotional and all but a character that INFLUENCES the movie industry like all up there did... so I will say it again... you are naive and making no sense to ask yourself if Cobb might became an Iconic name because there are few Iconic names from so many great movies... just wait on the god damn movie like I said and than you could ask people if they think Cobb can become an Iconic name... (and that only if both the movie and the character are executed perfectly...)... :think:

dude the guy was just asking for our opinion about a topic, leave him alone, if you think it aint gonna be iconic just say no, I think there is a chance for it to be iconic, a lot of films have characters that become iconic after some time, you can't tell what's gonna happen.