A nice article

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.

Seems like it shares a lot of quotes with the article you posted earlier.

Yeah i really enjoyed that, especially the last line. "The promise of mystery from one of the most trusted directors working today."

Hm. I never really thought of comparing Inception with The Matrix before i read those two articles. I mean, yeah I thought of the Matrix but never thought about the other similarities they share, apart from the obvious ones (dreams and flying people).

Which makes me think... What if... just... What.... if... Inception is the new Matrix? There. I said it. I just couldn't hold it. I mean i know it sounds crazy but... what kind of a 3rd act could POSSIBLY make us stay awake for the whole summer or whatever they said. I mean... A normal 'big twist', as good and genius as it can get, can only dazzle us within the confines of the concept of Inception, but what if there's a... bigger concept? Maybe because this project is so big and maybe because Nolan just likes keeping things in the dark, he also isn't telling us something? Something like... Inception 2 maybe? Or a reference/relation with another movie or just a concept that's going to be used in another movie with different characters but same universe?

I mean... I dunno... We, the fans, are so concentrated on 16th July right now and on how good Nolan is and how good Inception will prolly be and we're so consumed with killing time until the movie airs, but just imagine if Nolan is planning something even bigger. I know it's too bold to even think about it but... who the hell thought that the Matrix will be such a monstersuccess both financially and artistically? And who the hell thought that it's gonna be a trilogy? (i dont remember washovsky telling everybody that it's gonna be a trilogy, not at least before it was released) And who the hell even wanted a 2nd and 3rd part. Which is the riskier bit. If Inception is good and we all like it, some will want more but I'm sure that to many a 2nd and/or 3rd part will sound like a bad idea. But Nolan rarely has bad ideas doesn't he?

Yeah it does referance yeaterday's article but its good to hear someone who really knows about the movie biz give his opinion.
most interesting of all was this paragraph:

That trailer? It tells you about as much (or as little) as we're getting about "Inception" how. It implies there's a nebulous "they" who are "watching" and that there's a revolt on the way -- but of goo-ridden bodies, robot masters, mind-control and all the rest there's nary a hint, just a barrage of disorienting, intriguing images, successfully concealing the fact that the big twist is in the first act. The immediate impact of that twist energized audiences as much as any slow-mo gunfights.
{=}

nothing we haven't talked about before.

The Special One wrote:Yeah it does referance yeaterday's article but its good to hear someone who really knows about the movie biz give his opinion.
most interesting of all was this paragraph:

That trailer? It tells you about as much (or as little) as we're getting about "Inception" how. It implies there's a nebulous "they" who are "watching" and that there's a revolt on the way -- but of goo-ridden bodies, robot masters, mind-control and all the rest there's nary a hint, just a barrage of disorienting, intriguing images, successfully concealing the fact that the big twist is in the first act. The immediate impact of that twist energized audiences as much as any slow-mo gunfights.
I feel like this article has a better grasp on how the marketing is actually reaching audiences through its mystery. Whereas the other article discussed how the marketing was failing to portray what the film was about. I don't think there is any reason that they should have to go into more detail about the film.

And yes some people will not see because they don't know what its about, but that is usually solved with some awesome money shots and cool special effects.