Inception rumours

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
It's Sunday, I'm hungover and bored so I thought I'd post a few rumours from IMDB on the film and it's production.

Obviously, take it with a grain of salt, but this person correctly stated that Leonardo DiCaprio would sign up for this film.

Anyway, here they are:
-Ellen Page is one of the possibilities for playing the female lead.
-Brad Pitt was inititally considered but the role was given to DiCaprio.
-Apparently it's pretty action orientated in many parts, and has a couple of action sequences.
-Will pretty much feature a star-studded class ala Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.
-It seems that it will be shot on location in Europe and Africa.

Nothing really about the story, but that's it so far. I'll be sure to update it whenever there are some new ones.

These are far from confirmed by the way, this person may have just guessed about DiCaprio but thought I should post them.

I hate fake rumours, but these are "decent", these can be true. And of course, until we don't get any real information about the film, we must feed ourselves with that kind of rumours, so I don't mind that you wrote them here :D

Thanks for sharing this with us, Nebel.
As DHOP said, I hate fake rumors too, but these seem completely possible. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

It seems that Nolan wants this to be an important film (why wouldn't he) if he was, at one point, juggling Brad Pitt and Leo DiCaprio...or maybe he just wants good actors. ;)

But I'm curious how an African enviroment can look in a sci-fi movie :D

(hey, I'm a Senior Member now! :D)

DHOPW42 wrote:But I'm curious how an African enviroment can look in a sci-fi movie :D

(hey, I'm a Senior Member now! :D)
Congrats! Maybe I'll get there someday.
Anyhow, as to how an African environment would look in a sci-fi movie, check out The Cell; the opening sequence was filmed in Namibia, if I recall, and they filmed it as-is - no set decoration, no artificial flora, etc. 'Tis a bizarre, beautiful sequence. Also, since Inception isn't a straight-up, 'classic' sci-fi flick a la Blade Runner or Alien - it's set in the mind - the possibilities are pretty much endless, and there'll probably be a lot that wouldn't be typical sci-fi fare. I've got no idea what to expect (except for the best) from Mr. Nolan on this one.

You spoke the truth: I have NO idea either what to expect :D And honestly I can't really understand that "set in the mind" thing. I mean... do we have to take it literally? I mean like the whole movie is a dream, or someone's imagination, etc.?

I mean... do we have to take it literally? I mean like the whole movie is a dream, or someone's imagination, etc.?
or The Matrix! lol

I don't quite know what to make of it, but it sounds intriguing. :D

I don't know what it means either, it could mean many things. We won't know until we get a proper update on the film's story.

Ooh, thanks for the rumor post. I was just on Twitter and a few people, who say they are screenwriters, just got ahold of the script. I'm following them to see if they post anything and if it seems legit.

mona wrote:Ooh, thanks for the rumor post. I was just on Twitter and a few people, who say they are screenwriters, just got ahold of the script. I'm following them to see if they post anything and if it seems legit.
Can I ask which Twitter accounts please? I read one's Twitter, from LatinoReview and he hated the script, but that's all I've read.

But also there was supposedly a script review on for a few hours before being taken down, here is what someone put on Slashfilm. Just a plot summary, might aswell put it since this is a rumour thread. Spoilers.

Leo is a paraplegic who discovers a portal to escape his paralyzed existence through his own mind that takes him to another plane of existence. His wife has left him because of his pursuit which takes him on a journey that seldom people have gone except for the MENSA level geniuses. Over time he gets better at escaping through his own mind to this other dimension but government types begin to find about this path (like Sam Jackson in Jumper but not as cheesy).