Set within the mind of the architect...

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
On Ellen Page's poster it says she is the architect, i know people say that the movie heist is inside Cillian Murphy's mind ( i am one of those people) but do you think there is a connection?

Nolan's official quote is
A contemporary sci-fi actioner set within the architecture of the mind.

mind of the architect and architecture of the mind are two completely different things.

George wrote:mind of the architect and architecture of the mind are two completely different things.
Maybe though, the team needs someone who can map out the world within the mind that the extractors/inceptors wish to project. that would require someone with skill in envisioning a three-dimensional world, hence an architect (Ariadne). Random thoughts. :D

Daisy wrote:
George wrote:mind of the architect and architecture of the mind are two completely different things.
Maybe though, the team needs someone who can map out the world within the mind that the extractors/inceptors wish to project. that would require someone with skill in envisioning a three-dimensional world, hence an architect (Ariadne). Random thoughts. :D
yeah true, the premise pretty much means how drams work and can be altered within a human mind.

Nolan also looked much to films from kubrick and also used it for Inception i discovered.
Because in the movie 'The Shining' nicholson looks at a maze,at from the top it looks like this
and look then at the title from 'Inception'
Nolan has metioned also 2001:A Space Odessy because of the gravity sets that they also build for the fight scene in 'Inception'

BatMotor wrote:Nolan also looked much to films from kubrick and also used it for Inception i discovered.
Because in the movie 'The Shining' nicholson looks at a maze,at from the top it looks like this
and look then at the title from 'Inception'
Nolan has metioned also 2001:A Space Odessy because of the gravity sets that they also build for the fight scene in 'Inception'
oh, yeah, my two favorite directors.
;)

I love how Nolan can sip a cup of tea, and wear his suits, and wax poetic on film structure and such, yet make the films that he does. And admire Kubrick, who made some of the most brutal films of all (the Shining, Clockwork Orange).

It's almost like Nolan is Alfred, the detached watcher who nevertheless cares very deeply about those whom he watches. But it's not his place to judge. Maybe only to suggest (like when he told the story about the bandit who threw away the jewels, and how they had to burn down the forest to capture him).

:clap:

the heist takes place in Cillian's mind, or whoever they chose to steal information from

Ellen Paige is the architect, and much like in the Mind Crime game, she BUILDS the city of the mind, that they will then use to explore the subjects subconscious

talli wrote:the heist takes place in Cillian's mind, or whoever they chose to steal information from

Ellen Paige is the architect, and much like in the Mind Crime game, she BUILDS the city of the mind, that they will then use to explore the subjects subconscious
how did they work before Ariadne then? :JGLface: