Inception (2010)

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.

Edit: Sorry for double posting, I just saw it was already posted in the Tenet thread.

Ace wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 4:14 pm
Leonardo DiCaprio Still Baffled by ‘Inception’ 10 Years Later: ‘What Happened? No Idea’
“That’s like ‘Inception’ for me. What happened? I have no idea,” DiCaprio said as the three men laughed. “You’re just focused on your character, man. I do get involved [with the story], but when it came to Christopher Nolan and his mind and how [‘Inception’] was was all pieced together, everyone was trying to constantly put that puzzle together.”

When Maron asked DiCaprio if the movie made sense, the actor responded, “Well, it depends on the eye of the beholder, I guess.”
I never saw this post earlier, but this was always my sentiment with this movie. As much as I love it, I truly feel the only people who really understood what were going on with the movie were Christopher Nolan and Lee Smith. Any actors, set designers, and even Emma Thomas and Wally Pfister were probably only about 65% coherent at best during production. :lol:

But it's a director's job to make it make sense for the audience in the end, and I'm glad he was able to do that. I just re-watched it yesterday, and I'm so glad at how he was able to piece things together early on to foreshadow for later, and when the timing came in to insert certain elements. Nolan was on-target with this one, but I wish he could have squeezed every bit out of the actors like I see them do in other films, especially Leo. I think he learned a little later and that McConaughey, Hathaway, and Caine made total sense of Interstellar. Not sure about Chastain and Lithgow lol but a least they were only two halves of a whole.

With the way Pattinson started talking about Tenet when he first took the role, I'm only hoping he made sense of what was happening for himself as well, personally. I don't want to have that rubbish feeling that I have when watching Inception with the actors. It probably doesn't help when these films are shot out of order and there aren't dailies the actors can see since it's not shot digitally, but in Nolan we trust, right?

Does anyone know how they removed the camera crew from the mirror in the mirror scene from Inception? The camera is placed directly in front of the mirror and you even see the crew standing directly in front of it in the b roll. Is that completely CGI removal of the crew?

Ace
Team Deakins-
GUY HENDRIX DYAS - Production Designer

Team Deakins sits down with production designer, Guy Hendrix Dyas. We cover many subjects, including the importance of drawing and illustrating for Production Designers, the need for learning the director’s visual language, forming a relationship with a new director, and the sadness he feels at the end of each project. Guy shares his experiences of working with Terry Gilliam, Shekhar Kapur, and Chris Nolan. He breaks down the set in Inception that was in the snow and the challenges that it brought and talks about the Japanese influence on the design of Inception.

Ace
Will Smith turned down the lead part in Inception

Gabriele Muccino has published a small and interesting excerpt from the book dedicated to Will Smith, actor with whom he collaborated twice, for The Pursuit of Happiness and Seven Souls. He decided to tell the time that the actor turned down the lead part in Inception.
“Will Smith is someone who does not forgive you for a rejection, in fact I really believe that he has never received the rejection of a director in his life. It is he who refuses. I myself saw him turn down a Christopher Nolan film where he would be the protagonist. We were at his house and he called Christopher Nolan, they were on the phone for half an hour during which Will told him he wasn’t going to make the movie. He explained to me frankly what he hadn’t been able to tell Nolan, which was that he had read the script and hadn’t understood anything about it, hadn’t really understood what he was talking about. Leonardo DiCaprio then accepted that role: it was Inception ”.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CV7ULlnMmM ... =copy_link

Matrix, Django and Inception? WOW