Nolan should make a movie in 3D

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
The only thing which looks good in 3D are logos, as soon as movie starts and logo appears I say wow but when the real footage comes its just MEH, you just cant appreciate any aspect of film if its in 3D :(

Like many others I have no option but to watch in 3D and it really gets annoying.

3D is an abomination

Hopefully people will change their mind after Gravity.

Nolan's style isn't well suited for 3D. He'd have to approach things very differently.

I will never pay for 3D; it's a deal, that promise that I have made with my soul. I loathe it and also it is due to the glasses that a filmgoer must pay for. 3D experience, the very image on the very screen, I believe represents a lie to the eyes of the very audiences. I agree with Teddy, when it comes to Nolan's oeuvre 3D doesn't have enough room to find itself be part of such work. The only reason Nolan is eschewing 3D format, for he knows well enough than the most that his work is not made for it.

Future is unpredictable, and if Nolan ends up doing a 3D then I believe he should do it when we don't have to see the glasses in our hands when one walks into the dark auditorium. I remember Cameron's lengthy conversation with Peter Jackson post Avatar release in regards to 3D. As asked by Peter Jackson whether we will see a day when glasses are not required. Cameron's answer to Jackson was, perhaps, in matter of 5 or more years. And, I am waiting for that day.

If Nolan goes for 3D then he will be the only director who is going to make me pay for it to experience his work in such format.

I love 3d but Nolan and 3d don't mix .

manofsteel1 wrote:I love 3d but Nolan and 3d don't mix .
well said!

Red Hood wrote:Hopefully he does something experimental with the 3D. If not, he should still concentrate on perfecting the IMAX film.
I still stand with this.

I use to be strongly anti 3D, but then AVATAR came. I enjoyed the fuck out of AVATAR. But for years it remained the only exception so it didn't change my mind in the long run. But Gravity has totally sold me on it. I don't know if he should, but I would not be against it, and it would intrigue the fuck out of me.

ComptonTerry wrote:I use to be strongly anti 3D, but then AVATAR came. I enjoyed the fuck out of AVATAR. But for years it remained the only exception so it didn't change my mind in the long run. But Gravity has totally sold me on it. I don't know if he should, but I would not be against it, and it would intrigue the fuck out of me.
Right, thanks to Gravity I believed again in good 3D.