Nolan and Horror

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Jart wrote:VERY unlikely idea, but what if Nolan actually directed a Saw film/reboot?
Ha. Nice one.

Nolan needs to do a psychological thriller somehow linked with the unreal. Imagine if Inception had been a horror movie? My god that would have been epic.

FilmmakerRising wrote:Nolan needs to do a psychological thriller somehow linked with the unreal. Imagine if Inception had been a horror movie? My god that would have been epic.
No. It would not.

Nolan said that it was originally going to be a horror film. If he had developed that idea then it would have been at least three quarters good.

FilmmakerRising wrote:Nolan said that it was originally going to be a horror film. If he had developed that idea then it would have been at least three quarters good.
I didn't know what you originally meant. Perhaps if you take the same approach but structure the dreams and the circumstances differently, it could work.

If Chris made a horror movie I would have to be treated for anxiety and paranoia
"When art imitates life"

FilmmakerRising wrote:Nolan said that it was originally going to be a horror film. If he had developed that idea then it would have been at least three quarters good.
Nightmare on Elm Street has already been done. But Nolan could possibly reboot that franchise ^
Mason wrote:If Nolan made a science-fiction horror thriller set in space with Naomi Watts, I'd be extremely pleased...
Nolan for DEAD SPACE! Fuck yea.

Or a re-imagining of The Black Hole.

tykjen wrote:
Mason wrote:If Nolan made a science-fiction horror thriller set in space with Naomi Watts, I'd be extremely pleased...
Nolan for DEAD SPACE! Fuck yea.

this would be beyond epic. Dead Space with Nolan attached would blow my mind.
MrBatman wrote:Only The Shinning and Saw succeeded.
This is one of the more wildly stupid things i've ever read on a message board.

tykjen wrote:
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

The more I think of Dead Space as a film, the more I think of Nolan to carry out the darkness within. That game played so much horror games with my mind during play. And there were so many elements not really taking place, flashbacks, memories etc. Fit for Nolan.