1930s/1940s Batman

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
what if the reboot takes place in the year when Batman was first created? make it a detective noir film. A period piece. :eh:

I have been thinking the same thing for several months now.

Style, like you said, would be different from the previous films, detective noir.

Batmobile could be a Porsche again.

Easier to be "closer to the comics" when it's a period piece.

Since Darren Aronofosky passed up 'The Wolverine', maybe he's been in contact with Warner Brothers to try out his vision.

A reboot in a different era will be the only satisfying way to continue Batman's stories on screen for me.

It would be amazing. If handled right. But the chances of it happening is slim, I'd say.

This would be amazing!! But I doubt it will happen. Though after Nolan is finished I feel Batman will have endless possibilities in cinema for a while.

This actually sounds like something that could be interesting to see if done right.

But I really don't see anything like this happening unfortunately.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

The problem with this is it is too risky for WB. They still want Batman to appeal to the mass audience including children to some degree. And let's face it. No one wants to see Batman in a period piece but real film lovers and some percentage of those would even have to be Batman fans to be interested. The average joe would hate the idea of a slower paced 1940's detective noir batman piece. Even if it was REALLY GOOD.

Wait, why the hell is this in "Future Projects".

Oh yeah, it's Talli.

His costume would either look too attached to the era (and thus look stupid especially compared to the one in Nolan's movies) or too modern for the era (which would be stupid). If it pretends to be a serious movie it would easily fail, would be better if it was more arthousy though I can't see that happening without it being steampunkish or zack snyderish. If they do such a movie they won't hold themselves from inserting too much new age stuff and that ruins the point of it being a 30s/40s Batman.

Mason wrote:Wait, why the hell is this in "Future Projects".

Oh yeah, it's Talli.

because WB is rebooting batman and this could be a possible take on it

prince0gotham wrote:His costume would either look too attached to the era (and thus look stupid especially compared to the one in Nolan's movies) or too modern for the era (which would be stupid). If it pretends to be a serious movie it would easily fail, would be better if it was more arthousy though I can't see that happening without it being steampunkish or zack snyderish. If they do such a movie they won't hold themselves from inserting too much new age stuff and that ruins the point of it being a 30s/40s Batman.

yeah it would have to be a deviation from the traditional comic book costume...i was thinkin he would look very much like a detective from those type of films....long trenchcoat, pants, fedora, etc....except he would also have some kind of armor, a domino mask, and some extra weapons.
Last edited by mchekhov on November 14th, 2011, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mchekhov wrote:
Mason wrote:Wait, why the hell is this in "Future Projects".

Oh yeah, it's Talli.

because WB is rebooting batman and this could be a possible take on it
But isn't this the section for Nolan's future projects? This should be in another section.