Chris Nolan to 'godfather' new 'Superman'?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Warner Bros has reportedly asked Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan to guide the new Superman movie.

According to Deadline Hollywood, the studio is sounding out the team that revived its ailing Batman franchise to supervise a similar job for The Man of Steel.

Insiders told the website that the next Superman feature would not follow on from Superman Returns, but could still involve its director Bryan Singer and leading man Brandon Routh.

"We know what we don't want to do. But we don't know what we want to do," a source said. "We learned a lot from the last movie, and we want to get it right this time."

Another insider added: "Warner Bros doesn't have a handle yet on it... they need to hear a great story that makes sense."

Nolan is not expected to direct the new Superman, instead acting as "godfather" to the rebooted franchise.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a202 ... .html?imdb

So is Nolan expected to produce it or something?

apw
I doubt it. He is just a consultant.

I imagine he will just check on the production once in a while. Give out his advice and knowledge that he has gained doing the Batman films and so on. Make sure everyone is working on the same page.

The overall movie will shaped by the director and writer and not Nolan.

Nolan's never produced a film he didn't direct. I don't think he'll have any significant role in the film's creation.

It can be a really good superman movie if nolan is involved.

Eternalist wrote:Nolan's never produced a film he didn't direct. I don't think he'll have any significant role in the film's creation.
Well, there's a first time for everything I guess. I sure wouldn't be against it!

M.Engel wrote:
Eternalist wrote:Nolan's never produced a film he didn't direct. I don't think he'll have any significant role in the film's creation.
Well, there's a first time for everything I guess. I sure wouldn't be against it!
What I'm saying is that it's highly unlikely he'll take the role of producer at this time, with Inception in post-production and Batman 3 likely on the way. I'd rather him concentrate his energy on his own projects.

can Nolan be the guy to save the two greatest superheroes of all time?

is he the ultimate superhero?

talli wrote:can Nolan be the guy to save the two greatest superheroes of all time?

Super-Nolan :lol:

talli wrote:can Nolan be the guy to save the two greatest superheroes of all time?

If that happen...I think that the folks at WB must consider change the name of the studio to NB (Nolan Brothers). :D