Chris Nolan to 'godfather' new 'Superman'?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Cilogy wrote:If Nolan does produce this, does he get to pick the cinematographer/editor/etc ?

Because if he does, will the movie have the same "look" as other Nolan films?
No, he's not attached to the Superman franchise.

Eternalist wrote:
Cilogy wrote:If Nolan does produce this, does he get to pick the cinematographer/editor/etc ?

WRONG!

Christopher Nolan is the executive producer on the new Superman movie "The Man of Steel", which is written by David S. Goyer. Jonah Nolan will probably be involved aswell.

ORIGINAL ARTICLE
Latino Review reports that Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. have hired David Goyer to write the screenplay for The Man of Steel, the oft-discussed, heretofore malingering next film in the Superman mythos. The news, if it's true (more on that in a second), would make sense: Goyer has helped to craft the storylines for both of Christopher Nolan's Batman movies, and Nolan has reportedly been appointed "Godfather" of the Superman franchise.

Latino Review's source says that Legendary boss Thomas Tull "went to Goyer and Goyer had an idea that actually takes the movies back to the John Byrne incarnation. Modern. Believable. FUN! So Tull got Goyer hired."

(And if you guys don't know who John Byrne is then you need to do your homework.)

The source adds that the film is still titled The Man of Steel, a leftover from the days when Bryan Singer was alleged to be attached to the project. But Brandon Routh, obviously, will not star, and Singer, obviously, will not direct. The film will not be an origin story, but it will include Lex Luthor and Brainiac. Also, "The Daily Planet is struggling due to the internet [and the movie] … sets up a huge Kryptonian mythology."
UPDATE
IGN has heard from reliable sources that Tull is downplaying this report. Goyer is in fact on the project, but not only that -- his The Dark Knight co-writer Jonah Nolan will also be scripting Superman: The Man of Steel along with him. Nolan's brother Christopher is expected to only executive-produce, and not direct, the film. That said, he will be "hands-on" as a producer. Since the Superman film is under the gun because of the ongoing legal entanglements involving the property, Warner Bros. wants the pair to get started on their script on the double.

Our sources add that Warners is confident in the early work that Goyer and Jonah Nolan have done so far on Batman 3, and that as a result Superman has now taken on a higher priority status at the studio than it had since Superman Returns was released.
http://movies.ign.com/articles/107/1071879p1.html

Abbadon wrote:with all due respect, i'm just saying that i'm tired of watching remakes of old movies, book adaptations (i'm sick n' tired of them), comic books adaptations, foreign language films remakes, movies based on true facts, adaptations of plays, movies following series, new installments of movies made decades ago
So, you're pretty much sick of movies in general?
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

M.Engel wrote:
Eternalist wrote:

WRONG!

Christopher Nolan is the executive producer on the new Superman movie "The Man of Steel", which is written by David S. Goyer. Jonah Nolan will probably be involved aswell.
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/02/18/wa ... president/

I find the fact that Nolan would sign on to do this very odd given his quote on superheroes below:

"Superheroes fill a gap in the pop culture psyche, similar to the role of Greek mythology. There isn't really anything else that does the job in modern terms. For me, Batman is the one that can most clearly be taken seriously. He's not from another planet, or filled with radioactive gunk. I mean, Superman is essentially a god, but Batman is more like Hercules: he's a human being, very flawed, and bridges the divide."
- Christopher Nolan

He doesn't seem very interested in a character like Superman. Oh well, time will tell.

Cilogy wrote:
Abbadon wrote:with all due respect, i'm just saying that i'm tired of watching remakes of old movies, book adaptations (i'm sick n' tired of them), comic books adaptations, foreign language films remakes, movies based on true facts, adaptations of plays, movies following series, new installments of movies made decades ago
So, you're pretty much sick of movies in general?
pretty much. :lol:

(no no, just kidding)

filmfanatic wrote:I find the fact that Nolan would sign on to do this very odd given his quote on superheroes below:

"Superheroes fill a gap in the pop culture psyche, similar to the role of Greek mythology. There isn't really anything else that does the job in modern terms. For me, Batman is the one that can most clearly be taken seriously. He's not from another planet, or filled with radioactive gunk. I mean, Superman is essentially a god, but Batman is more like Hercules: he's a human being, very flawed, and bridges the divide."
- Christopher Nolan

He doesn't seem very interested in a character like Superman. Oh well, time will tell.

it looks like he's very convinced about this (CN) so i don't think he'll ever be attached to the franchise (I mean, i don't think he likes Superman a lot)

Abbadon wrote:
filmfanatic wrote:I find the fact that Nolan would sign on to do this very odd given his quote on superheroes below:

- Christopher Nolan

it looks like he's very convinced about this (CN) so i don't think he'll ever be attached to the franchise (I mean, i don't think he likes Superman a lot)

CN himself prooved me wrong :oops: