Christopher Nolan For Making A Bond Movie?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
It is imo. 65mm and IMAX work much better together. I'd be more than fine with Nolan only using 65mm for Bond btw but I guess he'll use IMAX too. Just imagine the intro credits in IMAX lol

I really hope Nolan will shoot a lot of his future films on 65mm. Even if he does a quieter more dialogue driven piece again.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
Givin Nolan's clout, I could see him only using 65mm and IMAX for the rest of his career. Even when he's not doing blockbusters.

I wish Nolan would have used 65mm starting with TDKR. The 65mm aesthetic would've fitted both TDKR and Interstellar a lot better imo, and not just because it's a lot more similar to IMAX than anamorphic 35mm.

Oku
Yes, I really want an interviewer to ask either of them why they finally got around to using 65 mm with Dunkirk, but not before.

That's a good question. I think one of the reasons, if not the reason why they didn't is because there were so few facilities that developed 65mm. Kodak finally got one in London, hence why more films are being shot with 65mm from here on.

If the rumor about Nolan wanting to do a trilogy with Hardy was true (and that's a big if), and Nolan ends up taking over in 2022 after Craig is done, I wonder if Hardy will still be up for consideration because at that point he'll be in his mid 40s.

He'll be 40 next month, which is a little older than when Craig started his run. I feel like if Nolan ends up wanting to do a trilogy with Hardy in 5 years, it will most likely have to be done back-to-back-to-back. Assuming there would be a 2-year gap between each (which has been normal for Nolan until Dunkirk), Hardy will be around Craig's current age by the time the third film is done, which would make sense. I could also see Nolan being interested in telling a story of an older Bond.

I'm not sure how I would feel about Nolan spending all his time on Bond for that period, though. As much as I want him to do Bond, I kind of liked how he did more variety by spacing out TDK trilogy with other projects. I suppose it depends on the deal he would make with the Bond producers, but I'm also not sure how they would feel about him doing other projects in between Bonds, which would create bigger gaps between films. And in that case, they would probably need to cast someone besides Hardy...

I highly doubt Nolan would want to shoot even two films back to back. I can only see him doing that if it's a story which needs to be spread over two films. Which I'd totally dig for Bond btw, they tried that with Quantum of Solace but that didn't work out that well. Can't remember if they did this before (successfully). Spectre tried to tie the story to all the predecessor Craig/Bonds but I don't think that works well/best when you do it as an afterthought, rather than working like that from the start.

Nolan could do a trilogy with Hardy, if he picks him, and work on smaller scaled films in between. Another director could work faster than Nolan but you don't know for sure. I wouldn't count on it.

I'd be happy enough if he makes one Bond film, at this point preferably with Hardy/vanHoytema/Zimmer/Smith and shot on 65mm/IMAX :P

Nomis wrote:I'd be happy enough if he makes one Bond film, at this point preferably with Hardy/vanHoytema/Zimmer/Smith and shot on 65mm/IMAX :P
Honestly, as much as I love what Zimmer's done on Nolan's films so far, I kind of hope Nolan brings another composer on board for Bond (not sure how likely that would be). I just don't think Zimmer is well suited for scoring a Bond film. On the other hand, he could surprise and pull off something totally unexpected, so I guess you never know...

Zimmer is a must with Nolan. They understand each other. I'd love to hear a Zimmer/Bond score.