Christopher Nolan For Making A Bond Movie?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Why are people so delusional in regards to this franchise? If they offer Nolan the gig in the future, they will not give him free rein to recast the part of Bond. That decision is entirely with the producers.

And stop saying reboot. Yes, they will eventually recast 007 -- but Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris and Ben Whishaw will probably play their respective characters for years, possibly decades.

I'm a die hard Bond fan, and I'm a die hard Nolan fan...There's no doubt that he could do a phenomenal job making a Bond flick. But as he said himself it would have to be at the right time. As much as I want Nolan to just stop working on Interstellar now and go for Bond, it won't happen :cry: . We all know (by watching Toy Story 2) you can't rush art, and Nolan himself is a genuine artist at his best. So I'm really looking forward to Interstellar next year, but I'm keeping a lookout :geek: for him doing Bond in the future because I know down the road he will eventually do it. :mrgreen:

Insomniac wrote:Why are people so delusional in regards to this franchise? If they offer Nolan the gig in the future, they will not give him free rein to recast the part of Bond. That decision is entirely with the producers.

And stop saying reboot. Yes, they will eventually recast 007 -- but Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris and Ben Whishaw will probably play their respective characters for years, possibly decades.
that is so true because if the directors had the power to cast the 007 role
then Henry Cavill would be James bond and not Craig .

atilasantos wrote:Image
OK I'm not a huge fan of this idea but I poo'd a little Im gonna be honest

This is pure speculation on my part, but we already know Nolan would live to direct a Bond film. We know that Daniel Craig is signed up for two more Bond films, one in 2015 and I'm guessing the other would be 2017 or 2018. It's likely that Nolan would want to reboot the series his own way, ie. with a new Bond actor, new direction etc. A Nolan Bond for 2020 would work well with his schedule.

As far as we know, after Interstellar he hasn't got anything planned so he would be free to sign on for a 2020 Bond. Of course, there would be a number of years inbetween in which he would likely do a film. I personally think he'll film 'Citizen Hughes' between now and then. It's a script that was apparently completed around the time of Insomnia but was left to gather dust. The character of Howard Hughes would fit Nolan so well.

What do you think?

Oh, on a side note, Nolan could do a Bond in 2022 which would mark the 60th anniversary of Bond.

Obviously I'm speaking for the majority here, but Nolan needs to make a film about an animal playing in a human sports league (not unlike Air Bud). After that he has carte blanche to do whatever he pleases, Bond or not.

Too bad David Gandy isn't an actor. he would be perfect for Bond.

A reboot?