Christopher Nolan For Making A Bond Movie?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Angier wrote:
Jones wrote: What about Batman? That's a franchise.
And make no mistake the first two were great and something new for the genre. With "Rises" it got tiresome and it was clear that he didn't have a good script. He could do whatever he wanted with "Inception" and "Rises" and perhaps not so surprisingly the most memorable thing about those movies were the technical aspects and not acting and story.

I know how a Bond movie directed by Nolan will go: The action prologue, the sleek suits, the skyscrapers, the obligatory snow set piece, the twist in the end. The same thing we've seen for the last 6 years. Nothing new. Nothing groundbreaking. Nothing that will turn his doubters into fans. And how many Bond movies have there been that are really, really great? Not many.
Robin wrote: He is in pre-production on Interstellar and producing Transcendence - both original films. Relax with the retared hyperbole, you'll' be there first in line and you love it like fat kid loves cake

And you'll be the first to complain about every critic and person not taking Nolan seriously and only taking him as a simple-minded blockbuster director who deliver cheap thrills.
Any filmmaker working in a commerical framwork (hitchcock being the prime example) never got their due in the prime of their career. I don't expect Nolan to receive any other treatment. And why should he try to turn the haters around? Nolan is doing Nolan. He knows what he wants. Again, you're getting Interstellar next year.
@sammyjankis88

"Yeah, Nolan directing Bond would be cliche, predictable and lazy."

Have you seen the film?

"I think Nolan could make movies like There Will Be Blood if he wanted to. It would be a shame if he just continued with franchise blockbusters forever and ever."

Someone's putting to much into what other people like. A great filmmaker goes his own way.

"It would be a shame if he just continued with franchise blockbusters forever and ever." Again, Nolan is currently prepping Interstellar.

:facepalm:
@sammyjankis88

Why do you think the Bond producers want Nolan?

Skyfall was totally aping The Dark Knight so it's not like they're offering him the gig so he can make something completely different. They want Nolan to make The Dark Knight but with Bond.

riddick-danish wrote:wtf is a franchise director? I am not understanding, Just because its blockbuster movie so it brands him a franchise director?? Isn't Bond a character based on novel?? Nolan can do something very interesting with him just like he made 2 magicians (based on novel) so much interesting. I hope you guys do understand he can't keep on making original movies one after another??

He is making one original movie Interstellar, isn't this enough?? if he goes to make another blockbuster so what's wrong? It took him decade to crack Inception, years for Jonah to write Interstellar, he can't every time keep on making original movies everytime ffs.

Atleast don''t bitch about James Bond, its his dream, Bond movies have influenced him, its movies like Bond he wanted to direct from the beginning.

And dont even compare him with JJ Abrams or any other director, Nolan always brings something new something refreshing to the table unlike any other [blockbuster] director out there in the business, if you don't believe that then *In Bane's voice* why are you here?
I agree with everything you said :goNF: .

I'd hate to see his career go without making a Bond film. It would be such a waste of talent. He is obviously a huge fan and I noticed many of his films and setpieces are heavily inspired by the films. Most of the action scenes of the Batman films are just reimagined versions of the actions scenes from Bond films (eg. plane scene and chase scenes, sky hook) and ofcourse you have Inception. So if he made a Bond film he could make something completely new (he obviously has the talent for it) since it would be unwise to reimagine something that's already in the series, this would potentially be a very traditional and also unique Bond film.

Mindheist wrote:I'd hate to see his career go without making a Bond film. It would be such a waste of talent. He is obviously a huge fan and I noticed many of his films and setpieces are heavily inspired by the films. Most of the action scenes of the Batman films are just reimagined versions of the actions scenes from Bond films (eg. plane scene and chase scenes, sky hook) and ofcourse you have Inception. So if he made a Bond film he could make something completely new (he obviously has the talent for it) since it would be unwise to reimagine something that's already in the series, this would potentially be a very traditional and also unique Bond film.
Well put.

So it sounds like the forum is split right down the middle on this. No in between.

I for one hope it happens one day. And sooner rather than later. Maybe Nolan is the one who directs the first Bond film once Craig is done. He be a great choice to introduce a new Bond.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Yes please !
And Tom Hardy as James Bond. It would be a perfect Bond Movie ;)

Batman94 wrote:Yes please !
And Tom Hardy as James Bond. It would be a perfect Bond Movie ;)
Nah... Maybe three years ago, but he'e becoming a real household name in Hollywood right now.

I'd rather see a Nolan film on George Smiley than James Bond. But that's just me, I guess...