Christopher Nolan For Making A Bond Movie?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Especially since the way Daniel Craig's James Bond films have taken on the issues of our time is exactly the same approach and the same as what Nolan has undertaken with his Dark Knight trilogy, when you look at Craig's Bond films, all of them are a film in their own right, which can be stylistically isolated from each other but at the same time they form a unity, an evolution and a single narrative arc.

Same with the DK trilogy, where each film was approached differently by Nolan (the adventure film with BB, the crime thriller with TDK and the war film with TDKR) but where the whole remains a unity and a narrative arc/evolution centered around Bruce/Batman etc...

So no, Nolan already said it himself, and I really don't see what he would bring that would be new if he made a James Bond (as he did with his trilogy), he won't do it, he's in a different optic and approach from now on.

I absolutely think he should and I’ve been hoping desperately for this ever since Quantum of Solace.

I’ve just seen No Time to Die and was throughly underwhelmed.

The franchise is as tired as Daniel Craig looked by the end of shooting and I would trust Chris Nolan to make it relevant again.

Nolan is keen as far as I understand, providing he can do it on terms that suit him. It must happen! Please… Tell me what I can do to make this any more likely.
Last edited by Monkeytron on January 19th, 2022, 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

I just caught myself dreaming of a Christopher Nolan-directed 007 film. Which might now be feasible as Eon Productions are looking to reboot the franchise and Nolan will be available after Oppenheimer.

How would the power structure break down with Bond though? There is a very small chance that Eon would relinquish control. I imagine that Syncopy would not be involved and Nolan would - in effect - be a director for hire. Also, Emma Thomas would probably not be credited as a producer and perhaps get another title. Finally, Eon are known for having a revolving door of writers. Would they make Nolan have a writing partner?

All of the above makes me think the actual likelihood might be slim. Unless he really really wants the job. In which case, I hope he goes young and get Jacob Elordi as 007

I really hope Nolan does not get near making a 007 movie. Too much expectations imo. Also, I think Tenet serves as a sort of ground test in a sense, and the way some people responded to it wasn't enticing, so to speak, specially if one considers it’s an original IP. It makes me wonder about how people (fanbase, etc.) would respond to a Bond movie made by him and in his own way, not to mention that he would also have all these unreal expectations waiting for it.

I think Nolan already did his mind bending spy thriller with Tenet and I’m happy with it, no need for Bond on my end. Other people can continue that legacy. Nolan can continue working on new stories or maybe book adaptations if you ask me.

Hell, I would certainly like to have more Cary Fukanaga in the Bond world.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 6:48 pm
I really hope Nolan does not get near making a 007 movie. Too much expectations imo. Also, I think Tenet serves as a sort of ground test in a sense, and the way some people responded to it wasn't enticing, so to speak, specially if one considers it’s an original IP. It makes me wonder about how people (fanbase, etc.) would respond to a Bond movie made by him and in his own way, not to mention that he would also have all these unreal expectations waiting for it.

I think Nolan already did his mind bending spy thriller with Tenet and I’m happy with it, no need for Bond on my end. Other people can continue that legacy. Nolan can continue working on new stories or maybe book adaptations if you ask me.

This might be heresy, but Tenet gave me something i know that the Bond franchise could never deliver, even if Nolan made a 007 movie, it would be less cool Tenet in my book, and it would be derivative inside Chris`s portfolio.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 6:48 pm

This might be heresy, but Tenet gave me something i know that the Bond franchise could never deliver, even if Nolan made a 007 movie, it would be less cool Tenet in my book, and it would be derivative inside Chris`s portfolio.

I was wondering if Nolan had ever let slip any details about how he would approach Bond? The recent news that Universal will distribute Bond 26 makes me think Nolan could have had conversation wit the brass there about directing. I could only find a few interview clips on YouTube.

Can anyone verify what this guy is saying? It might seem like silly fan speculation though he seems rational and what he is saying makes sense. If what he is saying is correct then it seems likely that Christopher Nolan will helm the James Bond reboot. What do you think?

LuciusNightmare wrote:
December 24th, 2022, 1:11 pm
Can anyone verify what this guy is saying? It might seem like silly fan speculation though he seems rational and what he is saying makes sense. If what he is saying is correct then it seems likely that Christopher Nolan will helm the James Bond reboot. What do you think?

I think for anyone who's been following Nolan's career for a couple of years, it should be obvious that this isn't true, it isn't official. Nolan has repeatedly proved that he wouldn't comment on future projects until official announcements have been made, that is a given. And there are no such announcement that anyone knows of. End of story. It doesn't mean that Nolan wouldn't helm a James Bond film in the future, but it is 100% speculation, might as well speculate that he will helm a new Batman film.

It's Oppenheimer time at the moment, he wouldn't comment on projects beyond that even if they were valid speculations. He wouldn't even comment on commenting on them.

No mention of this video yet? Nolan talked about Bond again a week ago:

One thing is sure, Nolan directing a Bond movie is now likelier than ever before.