Hyperion/Endymion

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Bikuras scare the shit out of me :lol:

Anyway, we've got the perfect cast. Gotta send it to Spielberg, now. :judge:

The Nolan style could be PERFECT for a really good adaption of Hyperion Cantos. And Nolans is also often surrounded by actors that cold be very good for the Hyperion major roles.

My ipotetic casting for the movie:

The Consul: Gary Oldman
Lenar Hoyt: Christian Bale
Paul Durè: Ian McKellen (but Pete Postlethwaite was perfect for the role...)
Meina Gladstone: Marion Cotillard (Too young? See her in Edith Piaf movie...)
Fedmann Kassad: Tom Hardy
Brawne Lamia: Maggie Gyllenhaal
John Keats/Joseph Severn: Leonardo Di Caprio
Martin Silenus: Jack Nicholson
Sol Weintraub: Michael Kaine
Het Masteen: Ken Watanabe
Moneta: Evangeline Lilly
Albedo: Christopher Walken
Ummon (voice) : Leonard Nimoy

for the sequel "Endymion" could be perfect Ellen Page for Aenea Keats role, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt for Raoul Endymion.

I'm sorry for any error, i'm a Nolan italian fan! :)

prince0gotham wrote:Hmmm yeah well that really doesn't sound like something that could undergo adaptation without turning the whole goodness of it into shit.
I'm sure people said the same thing about Lord of the Rings.

TheArchitect wrote:
prince0gotham wrote:Hmmm yeah well that really doesn't sound like something that could undergo adaptation without turning the whole goodness of it into shit.
I'm sure people said the same thing about Lord of the Rings.
Thanks.

I've changed my mind.

Peter Jackson could do a better job than Spielberg. :)

Seifer wrote:The Nolan style could be PERFECT for a really good adaption of Hyperion Cantos. And Nolans is also often surrounded by actors that cold be very good for the Hyperion major roles.

My ipotetic casting for the movie:

The Consul: Gary Oldman
Lenar Hoyt: Christian Bale
Paul Durè: Ian McKellen (but Pete Postlethwaite was perfect for the role...)
Meina Gladstone: Marion Cotillard (Too young? See her in Edith Piaf movie...)
Fedmann Kassad: Tom Hardy
Brawne Lamia: Maggie Gyllenhaal
John Keats/Joseph Severn: Leonardo Di Caprio
Martin Silenus: Jack Nicholson
Sol Weintraub: Michael Kaine
Het Masteen: Ken Watanabe
Moneta: Evangeline Lilly
Albedo: Christopher Walken
Ummon (voice) : Leonard Nimoy

for the sequel "Endymion" could be perfect Ellen Page for Aenea Keats role, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt for Raoul Endymion.

I'm sorry for any error, i'm a Nolan italian fan! :)
First of all, welcome! :goNF:

Your suggestions are good! Gary Oldman, Leo and Michael Caine are very interesting choices. I just disagree with you about Maggie Gyllenhal (the Brawne Lamia role deserves a strong woman to me, not a bag of bones) and Cotillard. I'd actually prefer to see somebody like Helen Mirren as Meina Gladstone.
For Endymion, Ellen Page could be good, yeah, and JGL... Well, maybe he's too young, but I don't really know.

What about Marion Cotillard for Radhamante Nemes?

Thank you for welcome. :thumbup:
Maybe you're right, your suggestion for female characters are pretty good, especially Helen Mirren for Meina Gladstone.
What about Anne Hathaway for Brawne Lamia? In other posts I've seen Michelle Rodriguez and... Ok, she looks "physical", exactly like Simmons' description, but I think that in the eventual movie, it needs an actress that portrays a "beauty&strong" character', 'cause Brawne Lamie must "resembles" also the Keat's lover, Fanny Brawne.

For the Radhamante Nemes role I've always seen Cate Blanchett. I don't know why, maybe 'cause she fits perfect on a "glacial" character like Galadriel and I imagine Nemes an ice-cold alike.

JGL is ACTUALLY too young for playing Raoul but I don't think that this project could be realized befor 2015 and then Joseph could be "mature" enough for that role. :lol:

Hathaway for Brawne Lamia? Hm, I don't know if she could fit the role. Too thin again. (I had actually thought about Michelle Rodriguez because I've seen Avatar while I was reading the books and her character in the movie is pretty close to my version of Brawne Lamia... Anyway, it's a hard choice. :think: )

Cate Blanchett for Nemes? Well, you're right, she has this "cold-blooded killer" style and her voice is cool too but she's physically very far from Simmon's description of Nemes. Yet it's an interesting choice :thumbup:

Who for A. Bettik?