Nolan set to produce "Batman 4"

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
postal wrote:Was there no mention of the batman reboot in the original article (not the suphero complex one) to begin with? This one:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-0 ... ory?page=1

I really thought I had seen it there when i read it this morning, but it's not there right now. Same for the part where he was asked if he meant a reboot and he replied with "I do" which i can't seem to find anywhere but on the other websites reporting on this. Maybe I'm mistaken, but then where did that specific quote come from where he said that it was a reboot? That's not in the follow-up either (at least not anymore?)
All mentions of "reboot" were there, but then removed. The original Hero Complex article (before it was edited) read as:
Robinov knows that the most bankable part of his superhero empire has been Nolan and his Gotham City films – the studio has yet to deliver a 21st century superhero blockbuster hit without Nolan in the director’s seat. Batman will continue to be a centerpiece property beyond next year’s “The Dark Knight Rises” and Nolan’s departure from the franchise. “We have the third Batman, but then we’ll have to reinvent Batman,” he explained. Asked whether that meant he wanted to reinvent or possibly even reboot the character, Robinov answered assertively: “I do. Chris Nolan and [producing partner and wife] Emma Thomas will be producing it, so it will be a conversation with them about what the next phase is.”
Batman-News.com
The Premiere Source For All Things Batman
Twitter / Facebook / Google+

Good to know my memory isn't complete rubbish. Thanks.

:facepalm:

Batman-News.com wrote:
postal wrote:Was there no mention of the batman reboot in the original article (not the suphero complex one) to begin with? This one:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-0 ... ory?page=1

I really thought I had seen it there when i read it this morning, but it's not there right now. Same for the part where he was asked if he meant a reboot and he replied with "I do" which i can't seem to find anywhere but on the other websites reporting on this. Maybe I'm mistaken, but then where did that specific quote come from where he said that it was a reboot? That's not in the follow-up either (at least not anymore?)
All mentions of "reboot" were there, but then removed. The original Hero Complex article (before it was edited) read as:
Robinov knows that the most bankable part of his superhero empire has been Nolan and his Gotham City films – the studio has yet to deliver a 21st century superhero blockbuster hit without Nolan in the director’s seat. Batman will continue to be a centerpiece property beyond next year’s “The Dark Knight Rises” and Nolan’s departure from the franchise. “We have the third Batman, but then we’ll have to reinvent Batman,” he explained. Asked whether that meant he wanted to reinvent or possibly even reboot the character, Robinov answered assertively: “I do. Chris Nolan and [producing partner and wife] Emma Thomas will be producing it, so it will be a conversation with them about what the next phase is.”
Interesting. Although the question was "reinvent OR possibly reboot" so it can be either of that. Anyway, it looks like there's still no clear direction and it will all depend on what their talk with Chris and Emma will be.

Yeah I saw this coming from like miles away... Of course there gonna wanna cash in. I have faith they wont ruin Batman tho. And I mean after the third film by Nolan I dont care where they go with it.
Say Girl

I THought I would add this... :think:

More like re-re-boot
Say Girl

Redsmile wrote:More like re-re-boot
Just 2 levels?! :lol:

well they are currently working on the 3rd one.

Not too happy about this news. Maybe what we need to do is overhype Green Lantern, so it becomes the massive tentpole Robinov wants, taking the pressure off of Batman. That way they can finish destroying that franchise with some sequels for a few years, and let Nolan's perfect trilogy breathe a little bit in the meantime....
"Jeff is awkward and comfortable with long pauses." :lol: