Nolan set to produce "Batman 4"

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Batman-News.com wrote:I'm so shocked at all the negativity around this news. What's the big deal if he stays on to produce? He doesn't *have* to do it, he could have easily said "no". He'll probably just hire a director, offer his advice, and then let them do their own thing. Just like he did with Superman.
+1

While I'm not thrilled about a possible reboot of the franchise so quickly, I think people here are seriously overreacting. It won't destroy Nolan's career (give me a fucking breaking), and it's not like it will affect Nolan's Batman franchise whatsoever. Calm down people.

It's not about destroying his career. It'll even get better. He'll produce, get money for it and at the end they'll have a product that would make Nolan's films look even better. The deal is this is not an isolated case. They've done crap like this and will do even more and in the bigger scheme of things it's quite depressing. The fact that they won't let Nolan's Batman's aftertaste linger at least a bit is annoying. Unless the official date of the movie release is like 2016.

Totally... its fine... Nolan has done his Films and the he is going to walk away and look from a far.... I mean Tim Burton didn't exactly get bad rep for producing Batman Forever....

It's not about ruining reputations. I just don't get why. It's not like Tim producing Forever kept it from blowing.

TeddyBlass wrote:It's not about ruining reputations. I just don't get why. It's not like Tim producing Forever kept it from blowing.
of course... its never going to be as good as Nolan's versions... but it might not be so bad, perhaps right now... there is a young upcoming director who has an alternate vision of Batman... but I do agree that it'll be horrible if there is a Batman 4 that continued in some way... but a new Batman might be more interesting, but again its way too soon. :judge:

I would personally prefer that Nolan stays the hell out of this but whatever. It's cool. The only thing that irritates me about this news is why is that WB head bringing this up this early? They haven't even started shooting TDKR yet and now all I see are news about how they're going to reboot Batman.

It seems from that interview that they're going to do the Justice League movie in 2013 and the new Batman movie is up in the air depending on what they talk about with Nolan.

Was there no mention of the batman reboot in the original article (not the suphero complex one) to begin with? This one:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-0 ... ory?page=1

I really thought I had seen it there when i read it this morning, but it's not there right now. Same for the part where he was asked if he meant a reboot and he replied with "I do" which i can't seem to find anywhere but on the other websites reporting on this. Maybe I'm mistaken, but then where did that specific quote come from where he said that it was a reboot? That's not in the follow-up either (at least not anymore?)
Last edited by postal on March 29th, 2011, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We need to go deeper!

postal wrote:Was there no mention of the batman reboot in the original article (not the suphero complex one) to begin with? This one:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-0 ... ory?page=1

I really thought I had seen it there when i read it this morning, but it's not there right now. Same for the part where he was asked if he meant a reboot and he replied with "I do" which i can't seem to find anywhere but on the other websites reporting on this. Maybe I'm mistaken, but then where did that specific quote come from where he said that it was a reboot? That's not in the follow-up either (at least not anymore?)
I never saw the reboot word either (all I read was re-invent) so I'm not sure why the websites are saying that or if that was reported at some earlier versions of the article. The common theme among what the websites are reporting is that they're going to reboot Batman after TDKR to make way for the JL movie. Which makes sense and all except that they're aiming for 2013 for the JL movie so if they're rebooting Batman for JL, then that would mean that there'll be a new Batman movie in 2013 as well. Then again, it's not uncommon for websites to jump into conclusions. :wtf: