A Nolan Comedy

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Posts: 15900
Joined: June 2009
im very intrigued by the idea of Nolan making a comedy. Something Dark, but specifically aimed for laughs.

I think after tackling Batman 3, he should definitely make a comedy, and turn that genre upside its head.

Posts: 13622
Joined: June 2009
Location: Florida
talli wrote:im very intrigued by the idea of Nolan making a comedy. Something Dark, but specifically aimed for laughs.

I think after tackling Batman 3, he should definitely make a comedy, and turn that genre upside its head.
It would definately be like the Coen brother's comedy. Dark but funny.

But really, I don't ever see Nolan doing a comedy. It just seems like...not his genre. :P

User avatar
Posts: 2281
Joined: July 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
This would definitely be very interesting, and I would agree that it would be more of a dark comedy in line with filmmakers such as the Coen Bros. and films such as Dr. Strangelove or Kind Hearts and Coronets (if you have not seen this movie yet, watch it NOW!).

However, I just don't see Nolan's style and ambitions geared toward a comedy film. I'd definitely like to see it happen, I just highly doubt that it will. I think that the horror and western projects he had been considering are far more likely to become reality.

Posts: 15900
Joined: June 2009
aaaah man


i hope he considers it...it definitely would be a very unique addition to the genre


so many of his characters have lines that are funny, so we all know there's unquestionable potential to veer off into that direction

Posts: 13622
Joined: June 2009
Location: Florida
^^ Yea, he does have a couple of funny lines. I would like to see a comedy, just don't think it will happen anytime soon. :P
Eternalist wrote:This would definitely be very interesting, and I would agree that it would be more of a dark comedy in line with filmmakers such as the Coen Bros. and films such as Dr. Strangelove or Kind Hearts and Coronets (if you have not seen this movie yet, watch it NOW!).

However, I just don't see Nolan's style and ambitions geared toward a comedy film. I'd definitely like to see it happen, I just highly doubt that it will. I think that the horror and western projects he had been considering are far more likely to become reality.
I would LOVE a Nolan horror.

User avatar
Posts: 4584
Joined: August 2009
Location: a galaxy far far away
No, I just can't imagine that.
I would like to see his return to the film noir, maybe in black and white and a very low budget.

Posts: 631
Joined: June 2009
Location: Arizona
I would love to see Nolan make a comedy. With a non-linear narrative, it would look awesome.

Posts: 8
Joined: June 2009
Location: Massachusetts
natalie wrote:No, I just can't imagine that.
I would like to see his return to the film noir, maybe in black and white and a very low budget.
I really can't imagine it either, but he is an extremely talented filmmaker and may be able to pull it off. It is just very weird imagining him doing a comedy film. Like someone already said: it would have to be extremely dark like Fargo, and with a very serious subject matter like Dr. Strangelove.

I too would love to see him do something in black and white again.

User avatar
Posts: 2281
Joined: July 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
natalie wrote:No, I just can't imagine that.
I would like to see his return to the film noir, maybe in black and white and a very low budget.
There's a great thing we invented a couple of decades ago called colour, and money. :shh:

Posts: 8
Joined: June 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Eternalist wrote:
natalie wrote:No, I just can't imagine that.
I would like to see his return to the film noir, maybe in black and white and a very low budget.
There's a great thing we invented a couple of decades ago called colour, and money. :shh:
Haha I agree. It wouldn't necessarily need to be low budget, if he had a big budget and did something purposefully in black and white it would be pretty awesome. Modern films in black and white look so cool. Movies like The Man Who Wasn't There and Good Night And Good Luck.

Post Reply