After TDKR.Smaller Movies?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
I so hope Nolan will make smaller movies again after TDKR.like 'Memento' and 'The Prestige' its where his best in.
And it will take less time to make them i think.Remember after BB a year later already 'The Prestige' and that movie was imo way better then BB.
The small movies of Nolan are more artsy better story's and not that bombast kind of stylish music all through the movie.
The composer of the soundtrack from 'The Prestige' was brilliant,could also be good for the Batman movies.That would make a big diffrence from what the Batman movies are now.Because if the batman movies where in the cinematic style of 'Memento' and 'The Prestige' wow then we would really be like WTF this is real diffrence.
But seriously Nolan has to go back to his roots again:No bombast blockbuster but the smart small artsy film noir type of movies.

Lets hope so :)
I would love to see something like The Prestige and Memento again from Nolan :P

Hopefully he will do a western next with like a 30-40 million dollar budget.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Hopefully he will do a western next with like a 30-40 million dollar budget.
Thats stupid why not do a Western with a 90 million budget if he can get one?

allstarr55js wrote:Thats stupid why not do a Western with a 90 million budget if he can get one?
Why would he need a 90 million dollar budget? 30-40 million is more than enough.

Not at all, if you can get more why not? Does not make sense to settle for less.

allstarr55js wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Hopefully he will do a western next with like a 30-40 million dollar budget.
Thats stupid why not do a Western with a 90 million budget if he can get one?
Thats even more stupid why not a 300 million dollar "small" film ;)

Anyway, enough with the silly arguments that never end and back to the subject.

Well I think Nolan will stick to bigger films than make films on the scale of Insomnia and Memento. I really hope he makes Mr.Hughes sometime in the future or The Exec that he almost made once.
Yes we wait longer for the bigger films (BB, TDK and Inception were a good couple of years) and it's only a year for something like The Prestige.
I also like the poster, prefer Nolan making smaller like his first films as thats when I started to really follow him, the Batman films have just been entertaining to me unlike Memento and The Prestige for example which just grow on me the more I watch them. But there is nothing wrong with him doing blockbusters if they are Batman Begins or Inception to me, certaintly better than Transformers or the Pirates series.

First of all the studio would probably be reluctant to throw 90 million at Chris because generally westerns don't make a ton at the box office. Also if you look at some of the most recent westerns the most was 50 million and that was 310 to Yuma.

I do not want Chris to make a "small" Western. Do it like nobody has ever done it before that is the idea.
50 million
55 million

ok so if 3:10 got 55 why would Chris settle for 30 or 40 lol. Your also trying to tell me that Chris will follow up Inception and TDKR with a film with less of a budget then Insomnia ? :crazy:

The point is i want Chris to do a smaller budget film and you can make a fantastic western with 30-40 million. I just don't see how Chris would NEED 90 million dollars to make a western when he can make a just as good if not better one with 30-40 million.