Nolanhack's Next Flick

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
A Borges man wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 6:45 pm

I guess what I'm trying to say is Black and White needs to be carefully applied, I usually like it when it is done for tonal reasons, but I don't like it when it feels like a gimmick. I roll my eyes whenever a filmmaker has a black and white cut, like what for? I watched the black and chrome Fury Road, and the image is bold and starker but lacks texture and nimbleness. Logan, Parasite, Justice League, it's all just marketing bullshit.
PREACH!

I, too, feel that the Huges biopic will be Nolan's clowning masterpiece, like, I can picture it winning big at Academy Awards - Picture, Director, Actor, Screenplay... though that might only happen in his later career.

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 8:41 am
I, too, feel that the Huges biopic will be Nolan's clowning masterpiece, like, I can picture it winning big at Academy Awards - Picture, Director, Actor, Screenplay... though that might only happen in his later career.
I hope you mean crowning

bootsy wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 7:14 pm
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 8:41 am
I hope you mean crowning
yes i do lol this is embarrassing

Take this with a grain of salt, but wow. :wtf:
https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/e ... atman.html
I’ve heard from one of my sources that after the huge failure of Tenet Christopher Nolan is considering returning to direct another Batman movie and Nolan wants nothing to do with Ben Affleck. So Affleck could be out as part of Warner Bros. broader plan to lure Nolan back into the world of making Batman movies.
Now though, with movie theaters dying and Tenet flopping, word is that Nolan’s stance on doing more Batman has softened and he’s open to new ideas. My source (the same source that made GFR the first outlet anywhere to break the news that Wonder Woman 1984 would release on streaming) tells me Christopher Nolan is actually considering it. In the past the auteur has flatly rejected the idea of returning to Batman, however the very public failure of Tenet apparently rocked him to the core as a director, and he’s far more open to the idea of returning to the world Batman than he has ever been in the past.

:facepalm:

Giant Freakin Robot sounds like the most "reliable" source for movie news. Forget Variety and THR. This is the real deal

:facepalm:

Dragon_316ca wrote:
January 5th, 2021, 1:54 pm
Take this with a grain of salt, but wow. :wtf:
https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/e ... atman.html
I’ve heard from one of my sources that after the huge failure of Tenet Christopher Nolan is considering returning to direct another Batman movie and Nolan wants nothing to do with Ben Affleck. So Affleck could be out as part of Warner Bros. broader plan to lure Nolan back into the world of making Batman movies.
Now though, with movie theaters dying and Tenet flopping, word is that Nolan’s stance on doing more Batman has softened and he’s open to new ideas. My source (the same source that made GFR the first outlet anywhere to break the news that Wonder Woman 1984 would release on streaming) tells me Christopher Nolan is actually considering it. In the past the auteur has flatly rejected the idea of returning to Batman, however the very public failure of Tenet apparently rocked him to the core as a director, and he’s far more open to the idea of returning to the world Batman than he has ever been in the past.
Ummmm this doesn't seem very likely, specially now with Matt Reeves version coming up since even Nolan said he’s excited to see it because of Matt and Rob (of course he may want to see the other great cast too). Tenet a huge failure? Maybe in US and despite the pandemic, it could’ve been a lot worse. Whatever the case, hope Nolan keeps bringing new original films. No need for him to go back to that.

"the very public failure of Tenet apparently rocked him to the core as a director"

Yup, sounds about right!

:facepalm: *sigh*