Nolanhack's Next Flick

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
morlock84 wrote:
July 19th, 2021, 5:10 am
I think Chris has reached his limits with the Sci-fi genre. For his next I would love an other historical movie like Dunkirk (but maybe not taking place during WW1 or WW2, let's see some events not seen before on the big screen) or something entirely new :gonf:
Do not agree with "has reached his limits with the Sci-fi genre". I do with "something entirely new " although I’m good with whatever he comes next. It's up to him in the end.

morlock84 wrote:
July 19th, 2021, 5:10 am
Personally I am one of the rare fans on this forum who was really disappointed with Tenet. I think Chris has reached his limits with the Sci-fi genre.
Give it time my dear boy.

@Nolan62 Very well said, you articulated something I'd also been thinking about with his last three films. Would be interested in hearing more.

heads up

Sky007 wrote:
July 19th, 2021, 4:22 pm
@Nolan62 Very well said, you articulated something I'd also been thinking about with his last three films. Would be interested in hearing more.
Thank you! Yes, I could talk about it for hours as this man is so incredible, but yes, I think that the more he ventures into his art/craft, the more he becomes experimental, daring and exposes, remodels the narrative concepts proper to the big scale cinema to better put forward the narrative essence of this cinema.
These are films about how to expose, how to tell and take the viewer, immerse him in this kind of big-scale cinema, which exposes, exposes and deconstructs the workings, the mechanics of this cinema, not to simply tell but to look these tools in the face and show how these tools are used and can be reused differently to "tell, expose a story, immerse by this cinema".
(I don't know if this is very clear, I don't think so^^)
These are films that experiment, look at and question the characteristics and aspects of storytelling specific to large-scale cinema, and all the genres it occupies.
Anyway, I'll wait until I'm more precise in my ideas to make a clearer and more elaborate analysis.

But thank you once again!

I think the more films he makes, the more he will experiment and radicalize his cinema. (When you think about it, Dunkirk was the ultimate test film, having seen it again not long ago, I realized how much Nolan took risks). With Tenet, in another register, he also pushed and questioned the mechanics of storytelling to the extreme in a way.

But I feel, and it is even sure, that he can and will go even further.
(Hope my english is correct :lol: )
Last edited by Nolan62 on July 20th, 2021, 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ChristNolan wrote:
July 20th, 2021, 12:06 pm
heads up
You seem to know something we don't know.

poplar wrote:
July 21st, 2021, 4:52 pm
ChristNolan wrote:
July 20th, 2021, 12:06 pm
heads up
:gonf: :judge:
Soooo …. Why are we so sure this account knows something important ( dont get me wrong i dont wont to be disrespectful but is that user well know source provider??? Or Are those joke replies that i am taking too seriously 😒)