Nolanhack's Next Flick

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Forum Pro
I think Nolan’s biggest weaknesses are his fight scenes and his stunts.

So for his next film, if it’s to be an action film, I want to see him work with Scott Eastwood who’s worked on Mission Impossible 5-8 for stunts and fights. No disrespect to George Cottle but Eastwood is the best in the biz.

Joshua Strong wrote:
July 29th, 2020, 11:53 pm
I think Nolan’s biggest weaknesses are his fight scenes and his stunts.

So for his next film, if it’s to be an action film, I want to see him work with Scott Eastwood who’s worked on Mission Impossible 5-8 for stunts and fights. No disrespect to George Cottle but Eastwood is the best in the biz.
You may be right that the hand-to-hand fight scenes of Nolan's past work could be better, but I strongly disagree about his other stunts being a weakness.
From the truck flipping in Dark Knight, the hallway spinning in Inception, the opening plane hijack of TDKR, the docking scene in Interstellar, the spitfires of Dunkirk, and many other set pieces, Nolan is one of the absolute best for stunt work.

Maybe it's just me, but I have this feeling that Nolan has some kind of a deal with the studios, coming along the partnership/relation of trust he has with them. Or maybe he has created a deal with them personally, by creating and aplying a guideline to himself.
When I say that, I mean that he sometimes feels the need to make a more classical film, a film that is more audience-appealing, with a more meanstream approach (from example, Tenet here, seems to get closer to Inception than Dunkirk if you know what I mean). And maybe by doing that, it's allowed him to maintain a trust from his public and mostly from the studios, so he can do something less classic and more atypical after that, something more risky, in a certain way.

I don't necessarily mean that the studios oblige him to do that(by a contract) but maybe it's a rule, a discipline that he's created and wants to apply to himself.

I hope you understand what I mean(sorry if my english is bad :lol: ), but all that to say that I believe, and I really hope so, his next film will be something more original, risky and atypical, something more new to him (like Dunkirk was), something less meanstream. Don't get me wrong, Dunkirk remains a meanstream film, it's a hollywoodian blockbuster, but it's made with an originality and a approach that we weren't used to see with him, coming from him, we were surprised in a sense.

And I hope his next film will be something like that again, something more "arty" in a sense.

So along the lines of Scorsese making one for him and one for us kinda thing

Nomis wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 1:19 pm
So along the lines of Scorsese making one for him and one for us kinda thing
Yeah, something like that.

Since he is big Kubrick fan and big fan of scale in movies. I have a feeling his next film will be his Spartacus or Barry Lyndon. Some type big scale epic set in the past. It could be a film about Napoleon. Kubrick always want to make a Napoleon film.

Forum Pro
What about an epic about Hannibal of Carthage starring John David Washington or Daniel Kayuula.

Joshua Strong wrote:
August 7th, 2020, 2:55 am
What about an epic about Hannibal of Carthage starring John David Washington or Daniel Kayuula.
100% down for a Nolan Hannibal of Carthage epic! That is a inspired idea.

Joshua Strong wrote:
bruh

but how on Earth is he going to accomplish that without exceeding some 800 VFX shots tho lollll

Forum Pro
Nomis wrote:
August 7th, 2020, 7:49 am
Joshua Strong wrote:
bruh

but how on Earth is he going to accomplish that without exceeding some 800 VFX shots tho lollll
Thinking about it, the most VFX thing that I can think off will be the elephants that Hannibal uses to crash the Roman Empire.

But you can call it Carthage, after his kingdom. It could just be about him pushing the Romans to the brink of defeat. If you're going to cover that point in time, I believe Hannibal was 26, the second Pubic War lasted 17 years. If you want to cover Hannibal at the end of his life then he was 63 when he died and Denel Washington is 65, just saying.

A super fucking jacked Daniel Kayuula or Denzel. In IMAX. Armed With A Sword. Killing Roman Soldiers. Sign me up.