Nolanhack's Next Flick

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
A Borges man wrote:
August 22nd, 2021, 9:52 pm
Nolan62 wrote:
August 22nd, 2021, 4:59 pm
A Borges man wrote:
August 22nd, 2021, 4:50 pm

Ok cool...(did someone see a photo; have brunch with him? Know his barber?)
A photo on a instagram account, he was recently seen in the Tate Modern shop in London without beard, a picture with a fan but I don't know if I'm allowed to post it.
Gotcha. Well, whatever the man has got cooking should be exciting.
Each of his projects get more and more crazier and personal each time, so yes, I'm sure it's going to be something. Tenet was some sort of a synthesis and artistic/creative reach for him, so it'll be something different, with a different approach maybe.

Tarssauce wrote:
August 23rd, 2021, 8:22 am
I love that we're speculating based on the man's facial hair :lol:
lol

I don't know if he will work again with Hans Zimmer or Ludwig Göransson for his next film(or another composer), but I hope he will work with Jennifer Lame again, and Hoytema of course, I think they completely improve his cinematic style and innovation more and more each time.

Nolan62 wrote:
August 30th, 2021, 7:24 am
I don't know if he will work again with Hans Zimmer or Ludwig Göransson for his next film(or another composer), but I hope he will work with Jennifer Lame again, and Hoytema of course, I think they completely improve his cinematic style and innovation more and more each time.
I hope he works with Lee Smith again

I still want David Julyan back, honestly. I think he's an absolute genius when it comes to creating atmosphere. Aside from his work with Nolan, Eden Lake and The Descent are awesome achievements in scoring, in my opinion.

Yes. Hoytema and Jennifer Lame for me too! Would like to see what else can Ludwig add to Nolan's work as well.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
August 30th, 2021, 11:01 pm
Yes. Hoytema and Jennifer Lame for me too! Would like to see what else can Ludwig add to Nolan's work as well.
The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that the two can and should extend their collaboration, Ludwig can bring a fresh, different look and seems more and more to match/and be an answer to Nolan's ever-growing innovation and experimental approach of his films, especially for what has always been one of the main components and what characterizes his cinema, and what he is trying to achieve more and more: Cinema in music, music as the main engine of his cinema.

HOLY SHIT. SOMETHING IS HAPPENING
:gonf: :gonf:

I'll let Ace do the job!

EXCLUSIVE: Christopher Nolan is readying his next film, and Deadline hears that like Dunkirk, it will focus on a seminal moment in World War II. This one is J. Robert Oppenheimer’s role in the development of the atom bomb during WWII. Here is a bombshell development: while none of Nolan’s recent movies had gone outside Warner Bros, I’m hearing that several of the major studios across town are reading the screenplay and speaking with Nolan and his reps.

This might be residue from the umbrage Nolan took when WarnerMedia declared its intention to go day and date with its entire 2021 movie slate, without forewarning talent, their reps or even the studio’s financing partners in the films. Nolan, among the superstar directors who are the most vociferous supporters of a good old fashioned theatrical release, was outspoken in his ire on WarnerMedia’s move. It wasn’t immediately clear whether Warner Bros is among the studios in the mix on this, but clearly it has lost pole position. Warner Bros followed Nolan’s directives in releasing his last film, Tenet, even though the film’s grosses suffered because the pandemic was still raging, and moviegoers weren’t ready to return to theaters en masse at that point. The film still grossed $363 million, the biggest global number since the pandemic erupted, outside F9, Godzilla Vs. Kong and Black Widow. Nolan and his wife/producing partner Emma Thomas did not have a formal deal at the studio, but like Clint Eastwood, they have been very loyal about making their films there. Those collaboration led to billions in box office receipts.

Details are a bit scant at the moment on casting, but I’m hearing talk that Cillian Murphy might be involved. He collaborated with Nolan on two of The Dark Knight films, Inception as well as Dunkirk, is in the mix. The project has the sweep of his last historical epic Dunkirk, looking at WWII from the development of the atomic bombs that ended the war with Japan. So there will clearly be many big star parts.
https://deadline.com/2021/09/christophe ... 234829960/

This is it!
I'm already intrigued and excited.
So excited to find out more.
I'm hoping for a new collaboration with the Hoytema/Lame/Göransson trio!