Nolanhack's Next Flick

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
I think my DC days are over
https://www.business-standard.com/artic ... 187_1.html
I never make plans so far ahead. But I had an amazing experience in India, and I definitely want to come back and work more in India with Indian actors. I don't know what I'm doing next
Well, so far, that's where we're standing at, concerning what's next for him.

So what are y'all guessing his next Indian based flick might be about ? (all Indian cast wya)

Would love for him to film more in India, it's one of the most beautiful places on the planet.

Don't get me wrong, but I'd love to see an older Christian Bale return for a Batman movie. Not now for sure, but in like 10 years time or so? Hell to the yeah

Christian Bale is good, but it is not known what and how will turn out in 10 years. Not that I wish someone bad, but as the current time shows, anything can happen to the most wonderful people.

Maybe it's just me, but if you look closely at his entire filmography, I have the feeling that he always alternate a straightforward/grounded in reality film with a fantastical/sci-fi film, or a film with fantastical/sci-fi concepts coming from his mind.
I mean if you take a look, at least starting from his DK trilogy :

-Following(straightforward/grounded in reality)
-Memento(straightforward/grounded in reality)
-Insomnia(straightforward/grounded in reality)
-Batman Begins(straightforward/grounded in reality)
-The Prestige(fantastical film/concepts)
-The Dark Knight(straightforward/grounded in reality)
-Inception(fantastical/sci-fi elements/concepts)
-The Dark Knight Rises(straightforward/grounded in reality)
-Interstellar(sci-fi film/concepts)
-Dunkirk(straightforward/grounded in reality)
-Tenet(sci-fi film/concepts/some sort of synthesis of Inception and his sci-fi concepts/obsession with time)

So again, maybe it's just me, but I have a feeling that his next film will be something more straightforward/realistic, something grounded in reality, something smaller and more personal, like Dunkirk or his earlier films.

I would love a crime thriller with a smaller budget.

Well with Tenet it's the first time he did something with a sci-fi concept, basically all throughout the film, and accepted it to be real. Whereas the sci-fi concept in Inception was still largely in ones head. With a real world somewhere. So I think it's pretty cool that Nolan went a little further with his sci-fi concept in Tenet.

I would love to see something smaller in scale, don't mind what genre or mixture of which genres. I would also love to see another Dunkirk-esque film set in either WWI (or WWII again) or any other huge conflict.

Hell and Gone is always an option, would be interesting to see Nolan do a romance through a historical event. the unknown and debated origin of the fire could be interesting for him to play with structurally/thematically.

I'd be surprised to see him go sci-fi again immediately, my guess is a big horror thriller. If he wants pure cinema, and to continue pushing these intentionally obscured cyphers as characters, then horror would fit like a glove.

A break from high-concept sci-fi sounds good to me. would love to see a crime thriller, maybe a period one. or a western. a horror flick would be nice as well.