Nolanhack's Next Flick

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 3:55 pm
I think Nolan should put away the idea for a Howard Hughes film. Let somebody else do it because a lot has been said about his script and honestly, it might not live up to expectations (unfortunately many people do have them instead of focusing on the movie, and they can be more brutal due to this). Not to mention that the existence of Scorsese's The Aviator may end up being a point of controversy when comparisons start and whatnot. That’s just me though.

As for a horror, I would like to see Nolan tackle the more mystical, supernatural or however you want to call it, side of the genre but perhaps he’s not that interested. In any case, it will be interesting to see what he does with horror at some point, and maybe mixing genres with it as he has done in the past with his other works. We'll see.
The Hughes biopic is a weird one. Everyone is gonna compare it to the aviator, and film twitter generally prefers Marty to Nolan, so the discourse would be insufferable. Speaking of discourse, I think the fact that Howard Hughes was a pedophile would subsume all the conversation about the movie...Hughes was an unpleasant man... so Nolan would have to acknowledge these facts, or else people would see the absence of those things as condoning. I want to see the Chicago fire movie...flames...make it a companion piece with Dunkirk, which was all about water.

But knowing him, we all already know that in the end it won't be any of the things we've predicted.

Anyway, If the rumour of his departure at Warner is true, which studio do you think he would go to? Paramount, Sony, Universal?

Is it still possible that he'll make a deal with a streaming platform ? I mean it's an industry in constant change and adaptation, all surprises can happen.

Maybe they can enter into new kind of negotiations with him and give him the possibility to show his projects in theatres first.

But I don't think it'll happen though, it still two different areas, I'm just dreaming.

too early to know where he'll end up. WB isn't even out of the question necessarily. we'll see what happens with the studio/theaters this summer/fall.

BUT he'll get unprecedented treatment, even more than Tarantino. Sony and Universal seem like a close 1 and 2.

Hell and Gone would be exciting, he's now had two films in a row written by himself so maybe he wants to work with a Jonah script again. still too many variables to even guess about this sorta thing. personally i hope for a summer horror film like Jaws. Or Hughes of course.

I like the thought that Nolan will try something different like a Horror/Western. Or a "Nolanized" version of a western.

A Bond movie granted someone mentioned in an earlier post of Tenet scratching the spy genre itch. The timing is not bad as it looks to be Daniel Craig's last outing. Could it be time for Nolan's take and a new Bond actor? Universal did get the distribution rights for No Time to Die but from what I've read it's just a one movie deal unlike what Sony had previously. I don't know if that would affect anything, but I would be curious to see if these two things correlate if Nolan leaves the WB.

Matty300 wrote:
March 5th, 2021, 5:26 pm
I like the thought that Nolan will try something different like a Horror/Western. Or a "Nolanized" version of a western.

A Bond movie granted someone mentioned in an earlier post of Tenet scratching the spy genre itch. The timing is not bad as it looks to be Daniel Craig's last outing. Could it be time for Nolan's take and a new Bond actor? Universal did get the distribution rights for No Time to Die but from what I've read it's just a one movie deal unlike what Sony had previously. I don't know if that would affect anything, but I would be curious to see if these two things correlate if Nolan leaves the WB.
Nolan won't make a James Bond, Tenet was his take on it and the spy genre.

Just imagine how many more dumb anti PC MRAs are going to swarm this place, if Nolan is ever hired for a Bond flick.

Nolan62 wrote:
March 5th, 2021, 7:18 pm
Matty300 wrote:
March 5th, 2021, 5:26 pm

Nolan won't make a James Bond, Tenet was his take on it and the spy genre.
Which is what I said in my post.

But he made three Batman's so who knows, I would not put it past him to do try the same genre over again.

If I had a million bucks to take to Vegas, I'd put it all on either Howard Hughes or James Bond. It feels like occam's razor at this point.

He wants people coming out to the theater. A Nolan Bond flick is the safest bet for hitting a billion. And Hughes would take him straight to the Oscars.

Angus wrote:
March 12th, 2021, 12:31 pm
If I had a million bucks to take to Vegas, I'd put it all on either Howard Hughes or James Bond. It feels like occam's razor at this point.

He wants people coming out to the theater. A Nolan Bond flick is the safest bet for hitting a billion. And Hughes would take him straight to the Oscars.
You're gonna lose that million bucks.

People think we need a Nolan Bond movie, we don't. Frankly, he is too singular and too good for such a rigid franchise. Also, he has done his franchise work, he will not return to that prison. Tenet is his bond movie, Inception is his bond movie, and parts of the DK trilogy are his bond movie.

The Howard Hughes biopic is only worth it if Jim Carrey is back on board. If the movie gets made the discourse is going to insufferable...can't wait for the youtube cottage industry of videos comparing it to Scorsese's flick.

Would be disappointed if either of those were his next flick.

A Borges man wrote:
March 12th, 2021, 12:57 pm
Angus wrote:
March 12th, 2021, 12:31 pm

You're gonna lose that million bucks.

People think we need a Nolan Bond movie, we don't. Frankly, he is too singular and too good for such a rigid franchise. Also, he has done his franchise work, he will not return to that prison. Tenet is his bond movie, Inception is his bond movie, and parts of the DK trilogy are his bond movie.

The Howard Hughes biopic is only worth it if Jim Carrey is back on board. If the movie gets made the discourse is going to insufferable...can't wait for the youtube cottage industry of videos comparing it to Scorsese's flick.

Would be disappointed if either of those were his next flick.
Yeah, definitely going to be something new, original and unpredictable, again.