Nolanhack's Next Flick

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
BobCobb wrote:
December 2nd, 2023, 6:58 am
Angus wrote:
December 1st, 2023, 4:42 pm
This thread should also be low-key speculation for what Sam Mendes and Ridley Scott do next, too.
I bet Mendes does Einstein for Netflix. Ridley does Sputnik 1 for AppleTV+.
Mendes will make a love story set during the Hiroshima bombing. Lmao
That's Baz Luhrmann.

BobCobb wrote:
Angus wrote:
This thread should also be low-key speculation for what Sam Mendes and Ridley Scott do next, too.
Honestly given how Priscilla got made after Elvis, it would be cool for a solid filmmaker to make a Hiroshima based film to act as a pseudo companion piece.

Waitedalongtime wrote:
December 11th, 2023, 8:01 pm
BobCobb wrote:
Angus wrote:
Honestly given how Priscilla got made after Elvis, it would be cool for a solid filmmaker to make a Hiroshima based film to act as a pseudo companion piece.
Cameron has talked about it.i believe it based on a book The Last Train to Hiroshima is about a true story on a person who survived both nuclear bombs.

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
December 12th, 2023, 11:18 am
Waitedalongtime wrote:
December 11th, 2023, 8:01 pm
BobCobb wrote:

Cameron has talked about it.i believe it based on a book The Last Train to Hiroshima is about a true story on a person who survived both nuclear bombs.
That's crazy, I hope that film or someone's take on that source material makes it one day.

Interstellar sequel. Yes, very unoriginal, but its a setting where you can almost magically do anything. And it has gained such a wild popularity amongst a younger crowd, it would be an even bigger success.

My take on this, is that Nolan will continue in his exploration of the human condition and nature. For instance, what if an individual woke up in a world where every action they take triggers echoes and resonances. He still has to explore all the capacities of sound.

My hope is that it’s going to be one of the most ambitious and big budget films ever made and that it will be a very ideological original film. He deserves a blank check original movie that is unlike anything he’s ever done after Oppenheimers success

Saw a quote on Deadline that Nolan supposedly told this guy at the Golden Globes after-party. It sounds like the James Bond rumors are total bullshit. I hope that's accurate. My preference is for Nolan to stay away from franchise material for the rest of his career.

https://deadline.com/2024/01/golden-glo ... 235699200/

"One time I asked Nolan if there was any truth whatsoever about him directing the next James Bond film. Just to quickly explain, I asked a similar question years ago, and back then he had been interested in at least exploring the idea. Not now, though. The rumors are “bollocks,” he insisted. “Pure bollocks,” in fact."

I’d love to see Kevin Penkin compose a Nolan film one day tbh

He works mostly in anime but Made in Abyss’s soundtrack is some of my favorite music period

I think he said "Oppenheimer" was emotionally heavy and dark. So my bet is that the next movie will be something more entertaining, like "Inception" or "Interstellar". Maybe even more the latter - a classic sci-fi adventure, an ode to Spielberg.

I see it as "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" mixed with "Indiana Jones". Maybe not as a movie about first contact, but about what happened afterwards? It's not an often exploited theme in cinema.

In the foreground, the father-daughter (son) relationship / human condition in such a strange new world (and I don't mean the human-alien war).
The main characters entangled in a government affair are forced to embark on a journey that will change their lives. RDJ in a leading role. Or Hardy. We got Cillian in the lead, Hardy should also get a chance for such role in a Nolan movie.
Or why not have both?