Nolanhack's Next Flick

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
I remember people talked here about the possibility of Nolan financing a big budget movie from his own money. Coppola seems to do that with Megalopolis. According to him he spends 100 million on it. So if no studios wants Nolan anymore, we have a Plan B :lol:

I know Nolan doesn't think or approach his films in terms of genres but more in term of the story, but considering that Inception was in his way his take on the heist film, Interstellar, the sci-fi/space opera film, Dunkirk, the war/survival film, Tenet, the spy film, and now, the biopic with Oppenheimer, the next things I would like him to approach are the western, the horror movie(I mean, a straight horror movie) and the road-movie, especially this one, where he could totally bring and play with conceptual things revolving around time/tension in a very interesting way(his Mad Max Fury Road).

With Oppenheimer probably dealing with a lot of great and larg landscapes(with all the test's field in New Mexico and the Trinity test etc...), I think we can allude that a western made by Christopher Nolan is on its way in a very near future!

I Would like to see his take on a disaster film.

He obviously has an awareness for ecological collapse (Interstellar/tenet) nice way to fill in the gap of this sort of Nolan-verse. Plus plenty of reason for IMAX.

It won't happen but I would like Nolan remake Metropolis. Great film could do with a remake. Especially since it is nearly 100 years old

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
December 12th, 2021, 7:55 pm
It won't happen but I would like Nolan remake Metropolis. Great film could do with a remake. Especially since it is nearly 100 years old
Check out Rintaro's Metropolis. Also, we definitely don't need a straight re-make of it. Let us not waste our precious filmmakers' time with remakes.

A Borges man wrote:
December 12th, 2021, 11:53 pm
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
Check out Rintaro's Metropolis. Also, we definitely don't need a straight re-make of it. Let us not waste our precious filmmakers' time with remakes.
It wouldn't necessarily be a straight remake. Just make a movie in that world.

I don't think he'll diving into conceptual science-fiction again after Oppenheimer, at least not right away.

A road-movie
A western
An horror film

Here's at least the three things we want him to tackle, in his own way.

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
December 13th, 2021, 6:53 pm
A Borges man wrote:
December 12th, 2021, 11:53 pm
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
It wouldn't necessarily be a straight remake. Just make a movie in that world.
Cinema is already overcrowded with movies based in the same universe. Nolan should continue doing original projects or book adaptations that haven't been been done at the very least next. I would be interested in watching something along the lines There Will Be Blood from him in that regard, for example.

After Oppenheimer, there is no other way for Nolan rather than a horror film. He just has to do it. End of discussion.