Nolanhack's Next Flick

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Mr.Plottwist wrote:
July 21st, 2021, 5:28 pm
poplar wrote:
July 21st, 2021, 4:52 pm
ChristNolan wrote:
July 20th, 2021, 12:06 pm
heads up
:gonf: :judge:
Soooo …. Why are we so sure this account knows something important ( dont get me wrong i dont wont to be disrespectful but is that user well know source provider??? Or Are those joke replies that i am taking too seriously 😒)
Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe that this person has contacts or at least knows some people (more or less close) in the field.

I hope this forum is about to get spicy again. :gonf:

I was thinking the earliest we get Nolan’s new announced would be early 2022 most likely the end of 2022

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
July 22nd, 2021, 11:44 am
I was thinking the earliest we get Nolan’s new announced would be early 2022 most likely the end of 2022
I guess It depends on the size, the weight and the ambition Nolan has on each of his project, and the time he invests in it. It is not at a regular pace or all the time predefined.

I remember that Dunkirk already had its release date set (at the time the project was still unknown) from July 2015*, while Interstellar was released in November of the previous year.

Each of his projects are different, maybe he already has something ready.

But, maybe we'll wait a little longer too.

*(My mistake, it was announced in September.)

Based on his last 2 projects(Dunkirk and Tenet) I remember the news had come out in February 2016 and 2019 respectively that Nolan is making a next film for 2017 and 2020. And from March we had news about the first cast additions.

So in theory we will get the news in February 2022 if Nolan goes again for a July release date. However the landscape has changed for Nolan and film productions. I don't know how feasible will be for Nolan and any director to make a film that has scenes with thousands of extras because of Covid restrictions. Maybe in 2022 these restrictions will be gone, maybe not...
Also there is some heat between WB and Nolan after the HBO Max announcement so Nolan could also be looking for a new home to back up his new project. So he might go for something smaller(like the Prestige) that will be easier to shoot in a covid era or he might wait and strike again with a big production with WB or another studio. If there is a new one I think Apple will probably be my bet.

So for now, let's be patient. I'm sure Nolan is either writing/refining scripts and/or pitching ideas to studios.

Yeah, I also think, that next project will be smaller, due to the times we're living.

Ronaldofan wrote:
July 28th, 2021, 12:15 pm
Will his next movie actually be with netflix? Would be very suprised!
https://variety.com/2021/film/studio-ex ... 235028464/
I didn't believe it at first, but now I'm more and more sure that it can really happen. Nowadays, and with the cinema in full change, everything is possible.

If they can find a common ground where both come out winners (each for what they are looking for), it can be a big deal. (So it means they'll probably have to change their politics and mode on theatrical release, especially since it's Nolan), I don't know how it can be possible for now, but Netflix is capable of everything today, so don't underestimate them.

And if Nolan can have even more freedom, that would be amazing.

I sure hope the f*ck not. I wanna see his next film in IMAX and I missed that with Tenet. Unless Netflix offers a lengthy international theatrical run instead of a limited run in a few cities in the US and Europe, they better stay away from Nolan.

Tarssauce wrote:
July 28th, 2021, 2:26 pm
I sure hope the f*ck not. I wanna see his next film in IMAX and I missed that with Tenet. Unless Netflix offers a lengthy international theatrical run instead of a limited run in a few cities in the US and Europe, they better stay away from Nolan.
Netflix may be offering a long cinema release to Nolan, it doesn't mean it will happen. They promised it to Bong Joon-ho for Okja in Korea, and indeed offered Korean cinema to show the film exclusively before the release on the platform, but main Korean cinemas said they wouldn't show Netflix films as long as most their films continued to be directly sent to the platform. In the end only a handful cinemas showed Okja.