Nolanhack's Next Flick

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
LuciusNightmare wrote:
April 29th, 2021, 1:51 pm
Isn't Nolan a big Tory? I swear he wrote for the Telegraph once. I can't see him casting Riz. Which is a shame, because he's a terrific actor and...boy...he's handsome

Even if he was a Tory, how would that make him not want to work with an actor such as Riz Ahmed?

DHOPW42 wrote:
April 29th, 2021, 2:39 pm
LuciusNightmare wrote:
April 29th, 2021, 1:51 pm
Isn't Nolan a big Tory? I swear he wrote for the Telegraph once. I can't see him casting Riz. Which is a shame, because he's a terrific actor and...boy...he's handsome

Even if he was a Tory, how would that make him not want to work with an actor such as Riz Ahmed?
Hommie has to bring some sort of evidence to the table if they are claiming Nolan is a Tory...also, Nolan works in Hollywood, which is predominantly a liberal place, I don't think he would not cast an actor because they were too liberal? (That is the implication, right?) We know for a fact that Nolan went to the Women's march when Trump was elected, and he was anti-Brexit...Not really getting a big "Tory" vibe.

Next film has GOTTA be some sort of horror - like sci fi horror or maybe just straight up mind bendy horror. Something like The Thing or fuck, if he chose to adapt something by HP Lovecraft, like Mountains of Madness...good lord

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
April 30th, 2021, 2:00 pm
Next film has GOTTA be some sort of horror - like sci fi horror or maybe just straight up mind bendy horror. Something like The Thing or fuck, if he chose to adapt something by HP Lovecraft, like Mountains of Madness...good lord
Nolan doesn't do supernatural though; Lovecraft is not really a good fit...although, Mark Fischer (RIP) in his book Weird and Eerie has a dope essay on Interstellar, positioning the film as cosmic horror. And let's be honest, if Nolan did Mountains of Madness Del Toro would probably have a conniption.

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
April 30th, 2021, 2:00 pm
I don't think horror will be his next thing, he recently said in an interview that he wants to try few other things before tackling the genre.

Fingers crossed that he dusts off the Howard Hughes script...

Hustler wrote:
April 30th, 2021, 10:20 pm
Wouldn't it be ironic if after WB sabotaged the Tenet fyc campaigns, Nolan did his Oscar film and won a bunch of awards for another studio.

TeddyBlass wrote:
May 1st, 2021, 3:00 pm
Hustler wrote:
Wouldn't it be ironic if after WB sabotaged the Tenet fyc campaigns, Nolan did his Oscar film and won a bunch of awards for another studio.
Hahaha yes. And get DiCaprio to play Hughes... :lol:

Hustler wrote:
May 1st, 2021, 8:30 pm
TeddyBlass wrote:
May 1st, 2021, 3:00 pm
Hustler wrote:
Hahaha yes. And get DiCaprio to play Hughes... :lol:
I mean my understanding of Nolan's Hughes project is that it is basically about the period after the Aviator...it would be a literal sequel with Leo...which is not the worst idea.

I think his post-Dark Knight trilogy period(and finishing his trilogy) has allowed him and allows him to do all the original projects he wants to do so I think it will only consist of that.

I would love to see him try his hand at westerns, or at least something close to neo-western or contemporary westerns.
Or a gangster film, like a period noir sets in the 20/30's, something like that.