Nolanhack's Next Flick

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Hmm, u guys think Nolan has been offered this? He loves Kubrick and Jim Thompson, the genre is in his ballpark, and he has ties with the Kubrick Estate (after 2018's Space Odyssey print).

Unmade Stanley Kubrick Movie ‘Lunatic at Large’ Getting Feature Film Treatment
Producers Bruce Hendricks and Galen Walker have optioned the rights to the late Stanley Kubrick’s archival project “Lunatic at Large” and plan to adapt it into feature film.

The project was one of three film stories that were found in Kubrick’s library after he died in 1999. Kubrick, whose seminal filmography includes “2001: A Space Odyssey,” ” Dr. Strangelove,” “The Shining” and “Eyes Wide Shut,” had intended to direct “Lunatic at Large” at some point.

Plot details are under wraps, but producers described it as a film-noir thriller in keeping with other collaborations between Kubrick and his frequent collaborator, screenwriter Jim Thompson. Production is slated to begin in fall 2021.
https://variety.com/2021/film/news/stan ... 234904891/

Robin wrote:
February 10th, 2021, 11:10 am
Hmm, u guys think Nolan has been offered this? He loves Kubrick and Jim Thompson, the genre is in his ballpark, and he has ties with the Kubrick Estate (after 2018's Space Odyssey print).

Unmade Stanley Kubrick Movie ‘Lunatic at Large’ Getting Feature Film Treatment
Producers Bruce Hendricks and Galen Walker have optioned the rights to the late Stanley Kubrick’s archival project “Lunatic at Large” and plan to adapt it into feature film.

The project was one of three film stories that were found in Kubrick’s library after he died in 1999. Kubrick, whose seminal filmography includes “2001: A Space Odyssey,” ” Dr. Strangelove,” “The Shining” and “Eyes Wide Shut,” had intended to direct “Lunatic at Large” at some point.

Plot details are under wraps, but producers described it as a film-noir thriller in keeping with other collaborations between Kubrick and his frequent collaborator, screenwriter Jim Thompson. Production is slated to begin in fall 2021.
https://variety.com/2021/film/news/stan ... 234904891/
Well, I don't think so, he'll probably keep making his own original scripts now.

Or maybe he was offered this but refused it.

Not likely. Knowing Chris and his reverence for Kubrick, he’d be terrified of mucking it up. It’s why he never wanted to touch a Star Wars project.

Memento > Inception > Interstellar > Tenet > ???

Has anyone notice out of all of Christopher Nolan's original stories he is always taking a concept from the last movie and adapting it.

Memento > Inception

The idea of being in a scenario with no recollection of how you got there "limbo"

Inception > Interstellar

different realities/places having relative time.

Interstellar > Tenet

The future contacting the past

This is the clue to what his next original story is gonna be

Tenet > ???

I think he could dive into free will.

Pr0creation wrote:
February 13th, 2021, 5:48 pm
Memento > Inception > Interstellar > Tenet > ???

Has anyone notice out of all of Christopher Nolan's original stories he is always taking a concept from the last movie and adapting it.

Memento > Inception

The idea of being in a scenario with no recollection of how you got there "limbo"

Inception > Interstellar

different realities/places having relative time.

Interstellar > Tenet

The future contacting the past

This is the clue to what his next original story is gonna be

Tenet > ???

I think he could dive into free will.
Tenet > Romantic-Comedy about an estranged married couple?

Whatever it can be, I really hope for a new departure/game-changer coming from him. Something completely different and new compared to what it has been able to do so far.

He's always challenging himself, but it stills too Nolan-ish in my opinion and Tenet is further proof of that.

It remains too shy, I really want him to really let loose in a crazy project.

Maybe it's just me but the fact that he's probably leaving Warner Bros will mark a turning point.

Nolan62 wrote:
February 18th, 2021, 8:11 am
Whatever it can be, I really hope for a new departure/game-changer coming from him. Something completely different and new compared to what it has been able to do so far.

He's always challenging himself, but it stills too Nolan-ish in my opinion and Tenet is further proof of that.

It remains too shy, I really want him to really let loose in a crazy project.

Maybe it's just me but the fact that he's probably leaving Warner Bros will mark a turning point.
Too shy? Dunkirk was one of his most different films if you ask me; it really was surprising how well that movie did despite being artsy. Tenet deals with visuals and ideas that weren't easy to present for a wide audience because of its weirdness and confusing nature. If what you mean is "style" then it's somewhat understandable.

We really don't know if he’s going to leave WB but if it happens, changes always bring something different for better or worse.

Maybe it's too early now, but in the next couple of months, we'll probably get some first hints about the fact that he's in the middle of his new script, as we often have.

And I noticed something very interesting coming from him in this interview with Fandago he did recently : It's at 28:07
https://youtu.be/a3gai4Za4eE?t=1687
I am interested in other forms but also, the longer I work in film, the more I'm sort of humbled by the sens of it as a medium that it can do anything and be anything, and so, in a way, I feel like I'm just scratching the surface of what's possible in terms of what you can do with the theatrical film format itself, so in a way, I got plenty of room and it's a plain big enough playground to stay in in a way, so I think as I said, the longer I work in film, the more I realize the screen itself, the form of it, they're just jumping off points for infinite possibilities so I think I want to carry on doing that.
I have the feeling he'll push his formal experimentations a little bit harder in the future, and that we're just at the beginning of it.
Last edited by Nolan62 on February 24th, 2021, 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

bruh if Steven Yeun gets an Oscar nomination for Minari Nolan will cast him as the lead in his next lil flick