What actors do you wish Nolan would work with in the future?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Durden wrote:Men:
Michael Shannon
Shartlo Copley
Viggo Mortenson
oracle86 wrote:Men:

Viggo Mortensen
Matt Damon

Charles Dance
Brad Pitt
Michael Fassbender
Nicolaj Coster-Waldau

Jason Isaacs
Joaquin Phoenix
Idris Elba
Benedict Cumberbatch

Women:

Kate Winslet
Meryl Streep
Brit Marling
Michelle Fairley
Claire Danes

Catherine Keener
Elizabeth Olsen
Vera Farmiga
Lena Headey

Julianna Marguiles
Almost perfect.

Since the casting of John Lithgow, I've wondered what James Spader would be like in a Nolan film.

Men:
Michael Fassbender
Sharlto Copley
Idris Elba
Bennedict Cumberbatch
Brad Pitt
Christoph Waltz

Women:
Eva Green
Jennifer Ehle
Brit Marling
Elizabeth Debicki

I don't "get" the craze for Copley.

Allstar wrote:I don't "get" the craze for Copley.

Forum Pro
Law
Right? He was good in District 9 and decent in A-Team. With the shitty reviews for Elysium I don't expect this guys career to go any further than Blomkamp.

Law wrote:
Right? He was good in District 9 and decent in A-Team. With the shitty reviews for Elysium I don't expect this guys career to go any further than Blomkamp.

You say that as if that is all he has done. May I remind you that in 2013 alone he is featured in Europa Report (dir. Sebastian Corbero), starred in Elysium (dir. Blomkamp), Open Grave (dir. Gonzalo Lopez-Gallego) and Oldboy (dir. Spike Lee). And next year he will star in Disney's Maleficent (dir. Robert Stromberg), Chappie (dir. Blomkamp) and Hardcore (dir. Naishuller).

There has been little or no complaints against Copley's screen presence, professionalism, and talent yo. So yes, the idea of Copley in a Nolan fim is very appealing.

Men:
Chiwetel Ejiofor
Mads Mikkelsen
Sean Bean
Christoph Waltz
Bruno Ganz
Jason Isaacs
Brendan Gleeson
Michael Emerson

Women:
Julianne Moore
Naomi Watts
Vera Farmiga
Eva Green
Jennifer Connelly
Kate Beckinsale
Elizabeth Olsen

To name a few...

Law wrote:
:eh:

It's not like he's a prima-donna or he's now doing pure shit straight to DVD. He may not be an A-lister, but he has a great presence on the screen.

From the few roles he's been in, he has shown quite a versatile range. Wikus van der Merwee is almost at the opposite end of the spectrum from Mad Murdock. I haven't seen Elysium yet, but he's finally shining his villainous skills, and from what I've read, he steals the show. He's playing a villain again in Oldboy, but he's gonna be a lot more complex than Kruger. He'll be playing a King in Maleficent, although I don't know what that role is gonna be like for him.

He has established a great variety of roles in only a small amount of films. He's gonna be one of the most respected actors in the next couple of years, mark my words.