What actors do you wish Nolan would work with in the future?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Forum Pro
John Boyega
Daniel Kaluuya
Oscar Isaac
Shia LaBoeuf
Bradley Cooper

Lea Seydoux
Carrie Coon
Hayley Atwell
Tessa Thompson
Natalie Portman

- Glenn Close (he told the BBC desert island that she would play his mom in a movie of his life, so now I want them to work together.)
- Jim Carrey (obviously because of the Howard Hughes biopic they where planning together, even if that film never gets made, they should work together.
- Richard E. Grant (he is a huge Withnail and I fan, so I think this gonna happen sooner than later.)
- Regina King (watching watchmen, she would have the right intensity for a Nolan gig)
-Ryan Gosling (he is a huge fan of La La Land and First Man, I think this is gonna happen in the future)
- I feel like the biggest cinematic crossover would be a Tom Cruise in a Nolan flick...the man willing to preform the craziest stunts, with the director who loves conceptualize them.

Nolan/Cruise will never happen after the Dark Knight debacle.
Also, Nolan doesn't want to be within five miles of Scientology.

It's an awesome idea on paper, but Cruise is also a main producer on his films and he dictates a lot of the filmmaking process. Directors who work with him never have full creative control.

Cruise needs Nolan more than Nolan needs Cruise, and Cruise is too quacked out to ever realize that. He's in his own little CruiseWorld.

Angus wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 4:30 pm
Nolan/Cruise will never happen after the Dark Knight debacle.
Also, Nolan doesn't want to be within five miles of Scientology.

It's an awesome idea on paper, but Cruise is also a main producer on his films and he dictates a lot of the filmmaking process. Directors who work with him never have full creative control.

Cruise needs Nolan more than Nolan needs Cruise, and Cruise is too quacked out to ever realize that. He's in his own little CruiseWorld.
I was pipe dreaming, your on point 100%. Cruise is his own thing, it seems he works best with directors who are willing to essentially give him the reigns. As much as I like a lot of the Mission:Impossible movies; there is a reason that the plots to those movies are cookie-cutter to the max (I don't even think that is a bad thing, it is what it is)

It seems like the M:I movies have turned into a template where they conceptualize the action/stunt scenes first, and then write a quick story around those set pieces. Which I agree isn't a bad thing - most of the 007 movies have done the same.

I still do like Cruise though. No doubt. He's the last of his kind. But he used to work with the top directors in Hollywood like Steven Spielberg, Stanley Kubrick, Martin Scorsese, Ridley Scott, Ron Howard, Michael Mann, Brian De Palma, and now suddenly he works with people who aren't household names. I don't think that's by accident. There's something off about him now, and all the big names stay away.

Lee Pace would be amazing in a Nolan. And for fun, Justin Timberlake. Highly underrated.

Feel like it's just a matter of time before Henry Cavill ends up in a Nolan film. Dude is killing it atm!

Adam Driver seems like a great fit to me, because he’s a prestige actor who has starred in films on a huge scale, just as Nolan is a Prestige filmmaker who works on a huge scale. I could see Nolan liking Marriage Story or Hungry Hearts and casting Adam the same way he cast Anne Hathaway after Rachel Getting Married. Adam is ex-military and known for being very dedicated, but also able to be funny and vulnerable, he just seems to fit very well with Nolan’s milieu.

I don’t know why but I want him to cast Kristen Stewart in something. Maybe bc of the Pattinson connection idk.

Forum Pro
A friend of mine is convinced that Nolan is going to get Daniel Day Lewis to come out of retirement.