What actors do you wish Nolan would work with in the future?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
CASE wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 5:30 am
NOT Marion Cotillard.
LOL. I thought she was a good casting decision in Inception. She adds more of the international, globalism feel to a heist sci-fi movie. I am not sure about in TDKR though. I feel like the Talia character wasn't well written at all.

CountDooku wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 10:57 pm
My favorite actor Russel Crowe.
I think Nolan worked with him as a producer in Man of Steel though.

CASE wrote:
NOT Marion Cotillard.
lmao

dragon_phoenix wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 12:45 am
CASE wrote:
NOT Marion Cotillard.
LOL. I thought she was a good casting decision in Inception. She adds more of the international, globalism feel to a heist sci-fi movie. I am not sure about in TDKR though. I feel like the Talia character wasn't well written at all.
My feelings exactly.

Bryan Cranston

marshallmurphy wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 6:23 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
CASE wrote:
NOT Marion Cotillard.
My feelings exactly.
I mean, let us be honest. She is great in Inception. Dark Knight Rises has the most embarrassing death scene, the worst scene in Nolan's whole filmography, and probably the worst moment in her career... but, shit happens. She is a great actress no doubt. But the two shouldn't make a movie together again.

A Borges man wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 10:29 pm
marshallmurphy wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 6:23 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:

My feelings exactly.
I mean, let us be honest. She is great in Inception. Dark Knight Rises has the most embarrassing death scene, the worst scene in Nolan's whole filmography, and probably the worst moment in her career... but, shit happens. She is a great actress no doubt. But the two shouldn't make a movie together again.
It seems like Nolan is looking to work with newer cast now that his reputation as a auteur is safe. The only recurring cast in Tenet is Michael Caine with such a small role.

I wouldn't fault her for TDKR though. That's mostly the writers fault for trying to include an additonal 'twist' to make the movie seems more padded.

Kenneth Branagh is also back from Dunkirk.

Cotillard is the perfect casting choice for Mal in Inception indeed.

Brad Pitt would be interesting to see