What actors do you wish Nolan would work with in the future?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Oku
DHOPW42 wrote:
December 31st, 2018, 10:23 am
Michaelf2225 wrote:
December 31st, 2018, 10:14 am
DHOPW42 wrote:
December 31st, 2018, 7:14 am

Especially because then we could have a Tom Cruise IMAX action film where the action is actually good #flameon
huh?
I have to be honest, I didn't really like MI Fallout... and the action for me was quite underwhelming. I'm not trying to sound snobbish - it's always ridiculous to see average movie-goers pick apart films made by professionals - but to me several of those chases scenes, the Paris scene, the helicopter chase... it just fell flat for me. The bathroom fight scene was amazing, but that's it. They just lacked the rythm, lacked the momentum - I should re-watch the film, I'm sure, but I wasn't blown away by what I've seen.
Angus wrote:
January 14th, 2019, 8:15 pm
The idea of a Nolan/Cruise movie is too insane to think about, haha. That would be bananas.

But - I strongly suspect Nolan isn't a fan of Cruise. Cruise's mid-life crisis while dating Katie Holmes in 2005 nearly sabotaged Batman Begins' thunder. Plus Cruise didn't let her return for The Dark Knight. She starred in Mad Money in 2008 instead and Nolan had to re-cast Rachel Dawes with Maggie Gyllenhaal.

That lack of actress continuity with Rachel still really bothers me to this day. It's an imperfect trilogy because of that.
Obviously never say never, but Mr. Nolan casting Mr. Cruise is the closest thing to 'never' that I would bet my money on--the reasons being those already mentioned (action for the sake of action not being what Mr. Nolan does, Mr. Cruise negatively affecting the Dark Knight trilogy continuity, etc.) but also that Mr. Cruise's super-stardom makes it hard to be sucked into the film and see his 'character' as anything other than as a vehicle for Tom Cruise the Superstar.

Ace

Rebecca Ferguson, Fares Fares, Benicio del Toro

Mel Gibson & Charlize Theron.

I love Fassbender but he's too old to be Bond now.

Would be cool to see him in a Nolan film someday though

Evan Peters
Pedro Pascal
Jim Carrey

mchekhov wrote:
July 22nd, 2009, 7:39 pm
Johnny Depp, Jude Law, Mickey Rourke, Daniel Day Lewis, Mark Ruffalo, Jude Law, Sean Penn
who is this mchekhov lil' bih

Forum Pro
Oku wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 3:12 am
DHOPW42 wrote:
December 31st, 2018, 10:23 am
Michaelf2225 wrote:
December 31st, 2018, 10:14 am

huh?
I have to be honest, I didn't really like MI Fallout... and the action for me was quite underwhelming. I'm not trying to sound snobbish - it's always ridiculous to see average movie-goers pick apart films made by professionals - but to me several of those chases scenes, the Paris scene, the helicopter chase... it just fell flat for me. The bathroom fight scene was amazing, but that's it. They just lacked the rythm, lacked the momentum - I should re-watch the film, I'm sure, but I wasn't blown away by what I've seen.
Angus wrote:
January 14th, 2019, 8:15 pm
The idea of a Nolan/Cruise movie is too insane to think about, haha. That would be bananas.

But - I strongly suspect Nolan isn't a fan of Cruise. Cruise's mid-life crisis while dating Katie Holmes in 2005 nearly sabotaged Batman Begins' thunder. Plus Cruise didn't let her return for The Dark Knight. She starred in Mad Money in 2008 instead and Nolan had to re-cast Rachel Dawes with Maggie Gyllenhaal.

That lack of actress continuity with Rachel still really bothers me to this day. It's an imperfect trilogy because of that.
Obviously never say never, but Mr. Nolan casting Mr. Cruise is the closest thing to 'never' that I would bet my money on--the reasons being those already mentioned (action for the sake of action not being what Mr. Nolan does, Mr. Cruise negatively affecting the Dark Knight trilogy continuity, etc.) but also that Mr. Cruise's super-stardom makes it hard to be sucked into the film and see his 'character' as anything other than as a vehicle for Tom Cruise the Superstar.
That’s why I would love to see Nolan work with Cruise. To see him tackle his onscreen persona and deconstruct it and to play with the audience’s expectations. It would also to be cool because Cruise is a filmmaking power onto himself, I would even call him an auteur in a sense so seeing that dynamic play out on screen would be cool.

Daniel Kaluuya, Ryan Gosling and Jake Gyllenhaal would all be great options. Rebecca Ferguson would be an interesting choice, but I haven't seen them outside of Mission: to truly get a feel their ability.