What actors do you wish Nolan would work with in the future?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
Based4Life wrote: Don't look all that appealing in IMAX.
Offended People Count: 1
Who?

My choice:

Sean Penn, RDJ, Christopher Waltz, Edward Norton, guy Pearce, SLJ, George Clooney, Steve Buscemi, Ian Mckellen, Michael Fassbender, Javier Bardem, Anthony Hopkins... Too long, every GOOD actor should work with Nolan at least once.

For other collaborators: Quentin Tarantino (although I'm not sure if their styles can merge successfully).
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

I think it's only a matter of time before we get Michelle Williams in a Nolan film. She's a phenomenally talented actress, a classic beauty, and she was married to Heath Ledger, who was good friends with Chris. It would almost be a collaboration between friends of sorts.

I'd love to see Ryan Gosling directed by Chris, too.

Murphy528 wrote: and she was married to Heath Ledger, who was good friends with Chris.
well.. I'm not so sure they were "good friends" but whatever.

Allstar wrote:
Murphy528 wrote: and she was married to Heath Ledger, who was good friends with Chris.
:|

ComptonTerry wrote:I was thinking more about actors Nolan has worked with that were previously used by Ridley Scott, and there's a few more...

Dicaprio
Marion
Oldman
Tom Hardy
Rutger Hauer
William Fichtner
Tom Conti (He was in The Dullests and now he is going to be in TDKR)
The actor who played "The Chechen" in TDK was in American Gangster a year before TDK
and Pete Postlethewaite was also in The Dullests

That is a list of 9 people. Only 4 are major actors and have been used for big roles, but he likes to use people who are lesser known like Rutgar Hauer and now Tom Conti. It's definitely not a coincidence, and will probably happen again in the future.
I've noticed something similar with Michael Mann too. Mann and Nolan tend to "share" actors a lot:

Christian Bale - Public Enemies
Marion Cotillard - Public Enemies
Al Pacino - Heat / The Insider
William Fichtner - Heat
Stephen Tobolowsky - The Insider

Following this pattern, I wouldn't be surprised if we got:

Russell Crowe
Johnny Depp
Robert DeNiro
Daniel Day Lewis

Allstar wrote:
I'm pretty confident that they were good friends. It wasn't just "business as usual"... these two guys were kind of close.
This piece in particular says a lot.
http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/christophe ... th_ledger/

Murphy528 wrote:I think it's only a matter of time before we get Michelle Williams in a Nolan film. She's a phenomenally talented actress, a classic beauty, and she was married to Heath Ledger, who was good friends with Chris. It would almost be a collaboration between friends of sorts.

I'd love to see Ryan Gosling directed by Chris, too.

She is beautiful. I love short hair.

Edward Norton!

idris elba