Actors you DON'T think Nolan will work w/ again

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
People actually believe that "scheduling conflicts" were the reason Katie wasn't in TDK? There is no way anyone would choose to do Mad Money over TDK.

dagn96 wrote: Well, I'd liek to see Nolan working again with Pacino and DiCarpio but yea, I don't want him to work with Jackman, Carrie Ann-Moss, Robin Williams
I found it really strange that you are one of the very few, two to be exact, who would want to see Dicaprio working with Nolan again in the future when all over these forums I can sense a deep dislike, some even hatred, for Leonardo Dicaprio. I myself would like to see Nolan working with Dicaprio again. The two seemed to have sincere mutual respect for each other during and after the making of Inception.

People on this board may not realize it, but Dicaprio is one of the reasons why Inception is the second most commercially successful Nolan's film beating the worldwide gross of Batman Begins. Nolan's other big film with big stars Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman and Scarlett Johansson was so so-so at the boxoffice earning just a bit more than $100 million worldwide gross during its entire run.

DarkExplosion49 wrote:No offense to Leo but he is not a great actor. He is a solid but it is pretty obvious that he is acting and his performances are getting worse and worse with each film. He was good enough in Inception, but there is no way the leading actor should be the worst, and he had the weakest performance in that film.
I think Leo's a great actor... but Mal's death scene in Inception and his acting were pretty cringe worthy in terms of badness.
"No! MAl, Jesus!" That scene could have been powerful but that delivery took me right out of the moment.

dagn96 wrote:
OVERMAN wrote:Pacino, DiCaprio, Theobald, Jackman
Well, I'd liek to see Nolan working again with Pacino and DiCarpio but yea, I don't want him to work with Jackman, Carrie Ann-Moss, Robin Williams
the saddest thing is that from everyone he has worked with, one of the guys I would actually love to see again is absolutely never gonna appear in any other movie ever, and no is not Ledger.
Alex Haw :cry:

cchriswake wrote:
DarkExplosion49 wrote:No offense to Leo but he is not a great actor. He is a solid but it is pretty obvious that he is acting and his performances are getting worse and worse with each film. He was good enough in Inception, but there is no way the leading actor should be the worst, and he had the weakest performance in that film.
I think Leo's a great actor... but Mal's death scene in Inception and his acting were pretty cringe worthy in terms of badness.
"No! MAl, Jesus!" That scene could have been powerful but that delivery took me right out of the moment.
He lost his wife. How would you expect to act if you lost yours? :?

cchriswake wrote:I think Leo's a great actor... but Mal's death scene in Inception and his acting were pretty cringe worthy in terms of badness.
Really? I thought the exact opposite.

I was watching that scene and thought "oh nothing more than a normal hollywood death scene." The way he delivered the "No! Mal, Jesus!" really gave me shivers. Probably the most thrilling emotional point in the film, followed quickly by the scene towards the ending "What do you feel Dom?" "Guilt, I feel guilt Mal."

In fact I would say Leo's performances are getting better and better, except for What's Eating Gilbert Grape, in which he really delivered, and also some occasional missteps like Shutter Island and such.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Gilbert Grape and The Basketball diaries are the only outstanding work he's done in my opinion, the rest (including Inception) is just good without anything special or exceptional, there is no way in the world this guy can play a good villain for the third batman.

Wow it is absurd how many Dicaprio haters there are on this forum.

Cilogy wrote:
cchriswake wrote:I think Leo's a great actor... but Mal's death scene in Inception and his acting were pretty cringe worthy in terms of badness.
Really? I thought the exact opposite.

I was watching that scene and thought "oh nothing more than a normal hollywood death scene." The way he delivered the "No! Mal, Jesus!" really gave me shivers.
I'm not crazy about Leo and while I still think Leo's performance was kind of a disappointment in Inception, that particular scene happens to be the best one Leo did in that entire film, for me. The lines written, the gravity of the situation, the emotional impact, it was simply perfect.

niniendowarrior wrote:
Cilogy wrote: Really? I thought the exact opposite.

I was watching that scene and thought "oh nothing more than a normal hollywood death scene." The way he delivered the "No! Mal, Jesus!" really gave me shivers.
I'm not crazy about Leo and while I still think Leo's performance was kind of a disappointment in Inception, that particular scene happens to be the best one Leo did in that entire film, for me. The lines written, the gravity of the situation, the emotional impact, it was simply perfect.
There's no question about it.

I also agree, besides the very emotional scenes, DiCaprio's role could have been replaced by another similar actor and it wouldn't have made much of a difference. Of course, that doesn't mean he does a great job as Cobb. :clap:

In fact, Cobb is the only role that I could imagine other actors playing; Arthur, Eames, Saito, Ariadne, etc. could not have been performed (IMO) by any other actor. Those roles were perfect.

That being said, actors like Leo DiCap and Hugh Jackman are great actors, but I don't see them coming back to Nolan any time soon. JGL, Hardy, Cotillard seem the more "Nolanesque," I could totally see Cotillard as the female lead in another Nolan film.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.