Nolan's Next Film

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Sysmatic wrote:
prowlercomesaround wrote:A thriller/drama with colonial India as the setting
So he can finally explain that big ass time-gap-plot-hole from Rises :!:
Mehrangarh - An epic road movie about Bruce Wayne's journey of physical and emotional recovery as well as self-discovery in India, equipped only with a bag of crisps and rags for clothing.

I wonder if he would like to make a film based on Jules Verne novels. :think:

prowlercomesaround wrote:
Sysmatic wrote:
prowlercomesaround wrote:A thriller/drama with colonial India as the setting
So he can finally explain that big ass time-gap-plot-hole from Rises :!:
Mehrangarh - An epic road movie about Bruce Wayne's journey of physical and emotional recovery as well as self-discovery in India, equipped only with a bag of crisps and rags for clothing.
Where can I pre-order my tickets?

Pratham wrote:I wonder if he would like to make a film based on Jules Verne novels. :think:
20,000 leagues under the sea?

Pratham wrote:I wonder if he would like to make a film based on Jules Verne novels. :think:
THIS. This. This. This.

Anything from the classic, not just Jules.

I just rewatched Interstellar, and I wonder if Nolan himself anknowledges how great he captures this dusty, old, classic atmosphere.

I'm curious to see whether his stubbornness about ADR could result in less dialogue driven films.

A narrative mostly stripped of dialogue filmed entirely in IMAX would be a treat.

Well... That's Dunkirk basically. I don't think he could've shot it entirely in IMAX given his dislike of ADR, hence why he didn't, but given the scenes that were shot in 65mm I just really doubt those could've been done in IMAX and turned out the same.

Anyway, I fully expect his Bond film to be shot entirely in 65mm, perhaps also with a big chunk of it in IMAX.

Christopher Nolan, if you are reading this, please do a psychological and immensely immersive and visual horror film.

:shock:
Last edited by dissonance on July 27th, 2017, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You could put this in one of the other threads....

edit: merged
Last edited by Sanchez on July 28th, 2017, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I wonder what moment in WWI Nolan would seem interested in to tackle as a future film. Highly doubt he's going to delve into WWI territory anytime soon but damnit I really hope he one day does. There are a couple of absolute gems of films that take place during the first world war, but hardly any modern ones... Or am I forgetting some?
I would be interested in Nolan helming another adaptation of All Quiet on the Western Front but honestly I doubt he even wants to, or wants to do it in German, which I think is more effective for the story and well... I really want to see a German All Quiet on the Western Front.. So there's that.