Nolan's Next Film

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
I don't think he's going to do more war movies, at least not WW2 or WW1. I want Fincher to make a WW1 movie.

I really wanted to see Fincher's 20,000 Leagues under the Sea...

I think that In Contention article is very telling. If Emma Thomas explicitly said he was putting together a western or a Jaws-type of summer horror movie, I have a feeling the chance of 1 or both of those films eventually happening is very likely. Also, judging from Nolan's filmography, it seems that anything Jonah is working on is fair game as well. Then obviously Bond and Howard Hughes films are on the table too.

So based off of the information we have, it looks like the most logical options in order are:

1) Epic western
2) "Jaws" type of horror
3) Hell and Gone
4) Bond film (this would have to be post-Craig)
5) Howard Hughes film

It seems to me like Nolan wants to explore every major film genre. And western and horror are two he really hasn't tried yet.

Is it too early to ask Nolan to depict 9/11 and the chaos and heroism that occured that day? I believe he is the only director who can do it

hasanahmad wrote:Is it too early to ask Nolan to depict 9/11 and the chaos and heroism that occured that day? I believe he is the only director who can do it
one topic that I'm not interested seeing Nolan's take on, or any other filmmaker for that matter.

The Taxman wrote:
hasanahmad wrote:Is it too early to ask Nolan to depict 9/11 and the chaos and heroism that occured that day? I believe he is the only director who can do it
one topic that I'm not interested seeing Nolan's take on, or any other filmmaker for that matter.
Nolan is the only director who will take the politics and overt left and right post and pre arguments out of the movie . I believe 18-20 years is enough

My Preferences :

1) Action/Adventure film like Lawrence of Arabia or The Lost City of Z

2) Western

3) Bond film

hasanahmad wrote:
The Taxman wrote:
Nolan is the only director who will take the politics and overt left and right post and pre arguments out of the movie . I believe 18-20 years is enough
idk i just don't want to see a film abt a horrific act of terror that led to endless war. Seems exploitive. I feel pretty much the same abt that boston bombing movie Mark Wahlberg was in.

However much I love it when Nolan goes big, I hope he makes a film with a much lower budget as his next film, solely because I just want another Nolan film asap and those big budget films take a long time to make :D

As much as I enjoyed Dunkirk, I don't want another war film, at least not anytime soon.

How cool would a big budget psychological horror film be? And I'm not even a fan of the horror genre.