Nolan's Next Film

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
I think Dunkirk is the closest thing to big budget horror we will get from Nolan.

I still hope he tackles WWI someday, but perhaps later on.

Would rebooting The Godfather be a bad idea?

anikom15 wrote:
July 27th, 2018, 11:54 pm
Would rebooting The Godfather be a bad idea?
Yes :D

Dunkirk was announced a year+a month after Interstellar's release, so if it's continue in that way his next project will be announced in August (we all know that it's will not).

I want something devised for intelligent adults, the last film to be so being Memento. The PG-13 thing he has going on may be fantastic for him and his handlers financially, but artistically they are extremely limited. The Prestige is the closest to breaking free of that burden.

Infidel wrote:
July 29th, 2018, 3:17 pm
I want something devised for intelligent adults, the last film to be so being Memento. The PG-13 thing he has going on may be fantastic for him and his handlers financially, but artistically they are extremely limited. The Prestige is the closest to breaking free of that burden.

Infidel wrote:
In what way has it been limiting Nolan's work so far? On what basis do you say that Nolan, and what he wanted to achieve with his films, was limited in his creative choices by the PG-13 rating? I'm honestly baffled by this.

Infidel wrote:
The Prestige is the closest to breaking free of that burden.
You can't break free of that Borden.

2001: A Space Odessey is rated G

Lawrence of Arabia is rated PG

while i think there’s an argument to be made for eliminating ratings entirely, Nolan is certainly not limited by PG-13. if he wanted to make an R-rated film on a smaller budget, he would

DHOPW42 wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 3:54 am
Infidel wrote:
In what way has it been limiting Nolan's work so far? On what basis do you say that Nolan, and what he wanted to achieve with his films, was limited in his creative choices by the PG-13 rating? I'm honestly baffled by this.
Because his ideas cannot be justified without the need for a presentation of violence. Dunkirk was laughable in that sense. As was the dialogue, but that's another burden of his in which he cannot seem to shake. His dialogue peaked with Memento, and then became more insulting to the intelligence of the average man every film onwards.

2001 had nothing in in that would justify blood, or strong language, or violence. Because it treat the audience with respect, and is agreed universally as a masterpiece. Nolan's work, perhaps not. Insomnia is the closest he's come to something brilliant. Memento was the height of his brilliance.