Nolan's Next Film

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Oku
Has there been a discussion on the release date?

Judging by the timeline of his previous films since 2008, the earliest his next film could come out is 2019.

And the earliest in 2019 it could come out would be July 19, i.e. the third weekend of July, which is Mr. Nolan's favorite release date.

But there's already a huge film set for that date, the live-action The Lion King remake.

So November 2019 maybe?

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
okungnyo wrote:Has there been a discussion on the release date?

Judging by the timeline of his previous films since 2008, the earliest his next film could come out is 2019.

And the earliest in 2019 it could come out would be July 19, i.e. the third weekend of July, which is Mr. Nolan's favorite release date.

But there's already a huge film set for that date, the live-action The Lion King remake.

So November 2019 maybe?
Warner Brothers has an untitled event film scheduled for release on August 2nd. That's always a possibility.

I think Nolan after doing what is now defiantly going to be a success after some early reviews have got out which will equal some Oscar attention, Nolan will either start straight away producing an original idea (Inception, The Prestige) or take time off and do some work with DC as he still does have some connections. It was a shame to see Nolans name on Batman v Superman so I believe the best option would be to either help on the production team of the new batman film or write a script for Man of steel 2 (or 3 as many view BvS as man of steel 2 https://www.google.com.au/search?q=man+ ... e&ie=UTF-8 , even google) so that is my thoughts. :batman:

He is definitely going do a Bond. No doubt in my mind and will probably rock it. I think he already has an idea. I feel like he will make a trilogy of Bond films and use them like he did the Batman films as leverage to get other orginal ideas done in between Bond films ala Prestige and Inception. It's not like he can't get anything green lit but if he does to Bond what he did to batman it would be insurance for basically anything. Having said all that, I do think they are doing one more Bond with Craig so I think Bond will start the movie after whatever he decides to do after Dunkirk. (I could be wrong but just a hunch)

I still hold out hope for the Hughes project because he stated it was the best thing he has ever written and that's saying alot, be ashame not to see it. I doubt he ever does it but if he did I think it would be in between the Bond flicks for leverage ha.

Otherwise I'm open to whatever. Nolan knows what he is doing ha. Would love to see JGL in the lead whatever it is. A heist film would be cool. Here is a wild idea: a sports flick haha. Whatever it is I'm in.

I think it is inevitable that he will eventually do a Bond film, but I doubt that he would do more than one, even if that one ends up being very successful.

Daniel Craig is signed on for one more bond film and that is tentively set to be released in 2018. Mendes won't return but I seriously don't think Nolan will jump right to that. It would mean he would have to begin work in the next few months, and from what I gather of his method, Nolan has his films or interests planned out a year or 2 in advance, despite what he lets on.
I think he's going to let Dunkirk ride and plan his next film wisely, which I hope to be an original. Once Craig is out of the picture, I'm sure Bond will be on Nolan's radar, as I'm sure he would insist on being part of the casting.

As for his next film, I am really liking the idea of a horror/sci-fi horror, particularly if it has to do with post apocalyptic territory.
Nolans eye for detail, breadth for character development and several stories ascending on to one another would make for a great high tension, desperate, survival film. However, I do like the idea someone here had of a Heat remake or some kind of grand heist film, but he's definitely done that before, on several mediums.

WelcometoNoLand wrote:Here is a wild idea: a sports flick haha. Whatever it is I'm in.
I could definitely see him doing a hockey or non-American football (soccer) film. Maybe even perhaps a running film? The story of Katherine Switzer, who illegally ran the Boston marathon 50 years ago and was arrested. She just completed the Boston marathon yet again. Hadn't thought of that, however, I'd like to see something in the realm of fiction this next time around. But who knows, maybe he's ascending into a non-fiction period of his career, that would be interesting.

Dorrance wrote:
WelcometoNoLand wrote:Here is a wild idea: a sports flick haha. Whatever it is I'm in.
I could definitely see him doing a hockey or non-American football (soccer) film. Maybe even perhaps a running film? The story of Katherine Switzer, who illegally ran the Boston marathon 50 years ago and was arrested. She just completed the Boston marathon yet again. Hadn't thought of that, however, I'd like to see something in the realm of fiction this next time around. But who knows, maybe he's ascending into a non-fiction period of his career, that would be interesting.
Speaking of hockey I could see him doing the story of Spano. He is guy who bought the New York Islanders an NHL team. He lied on who much is worth. he claimed he was worth over 230 million but he only worth a couple one thousand dollars. he cheated the previous owner he tired to send him 17 milion for one payment but only sent 17,000 and he said he forget the extra 00s. He lied to the banks to give him loans so he could make the payment. and committed fraud to hide his finances He was eventually arrested for fraud and money laundering. Sentences to jail for 70 months. It could be Nolan's Wolf of Wall Street/Catch Me if You Can type of movie. There is documentary on this on ESPN. It seems more of Nolan type sports movie since it could be more of thriller/crime movie.

Personally, I want him to do something more fantasy-dependent. Sci-fi, fantasy, or mix this genres together. After seeing Dunkirk, I don't mind him adapting other people's work at all. Maybe some book adaptation.

♪ ♫ ♪ m u s i c a l ♪ ♫ ♪