Mr. Hughes Bio adaption

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.

I'm affraid this project had been cancelled in 2003. In that time, there was someone else working on an other adaption of the biography of Hughes.

From Imdb.com:
Following Insomnia, his next project was going to be a Howard Hughes biopic starring Jim Carrey. Nolan had the screenplay written (calling it "one of the best things I've ever written"), but once it became apparent Martin Scorsese was making his own Hughes biopic The Aviator (2004), Nolan reluctantly tabled his script and took up directing Batman Begins (2005).
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Oh. :(

See the good part of it: he made Batman Begins :D

Oh! :mrgreen:

I pray that he makes this someday, or at least, that the script will be made available. Howard Hughes has always been a fascinating character and I love the Scorsese film The Aviator. Nolan said at the time that this was his best work to date and I would love to see his take on the 20's, 30's and 40's.

I think he will make it one day, he's just waiting for the right time to make it. Thats the reason why the script hasn't leaked online by someone in my view.
I can't see Jim Carrey as Howard Hughes mind but then again, I could't see Ledger as the Joker when I was told that lol.

rbevanx wrote:I can't see Jim Carrey as Howard Hughes
Don't count out Jim Carrey, despite an obvious physical resemblance he's proven he can pull off dramatic roles in Man on the Moon, The Truman Show and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Not only that, Nolan had expressed his belief in Carrey for the role and that's enough for me.

Howard Hughes was a very interesting person and I don't believe that The Aviator should prevent Nolan from creating his own film about such a fascinating person. Just look at the amount of film adaptions that have been based on him. I really hope Nolan tackles the project in the future and I think he plans to, it could also be somewhat of a career-revival for Jim Carrey.

I wonder if it's possible to uncover the Hughes script?

peteagassi wrote:I wonder if it's possible to uncover the Hughes script?
I hope so, I'd really like to read it.