Mr. Hughes Bio adaption

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Penguin022 wrote:maybe Nolan will get Carrey in another movie.
That is certainly a possibility.

Forum Pro

"I’m very proud of the script. I have to keep it under wraps, because ten years from now, it might be the perfect thing. To be honest, if we had made a film, we would have been in terrible trouble because Marty [Scorsese] delivered his film on time, which he wasn’t accustomed to doing. So I was pitching it and going, ‘Look, they’re making theirs, but we’ll be finished a long time before.’ At the end of the day, if we had gone ahead and made it, we would have been in terrible trouble, because we would’ve been second."
From The Nolan Variations

“Ten years from now” :cry:

But it’s exciting to know he’ll probably make something completely new and we have no idea what it will be.

natalie wrote:
November 26th, 2020, 3:51 pm
"I’m very proud of the script. I have to keep it under wraps, because ten years from now, it might be the perfect thing. To be honest, if we had made a film, we would have been in terrible trouble because Marty [Scorsese] delivered his film on time, which he wasn’t accustomed to doing. So I was pitching it and going, ‘Look, they’re making theirs, but we’ll be finished a long time before.’ At the end of the day, if we had gone ahead and made it, we would have been in terrible trouble, because we would’ve been second."
Interesting. Although I believe that perhaps he should let it go because too much hype could be built around it and with Scorsese’s version already around, it might be controversial in the end. On the other hand, you never know how the idea of it could work in the future though as he said. We'll see.

I wonder how many and what other scripts he has sitting around considering he seems to be fond of writing.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
November 26th, 2020, 4:24 pm
natalie wrote:
Interesting. Although I believe that perhaps he should let it go because too much hype could be built around it and with Scorsese’s version already around, it might be controversial in the end. On the other hand, you never know how the idea of it could work in the future though as he said. We'll see.

I wonder how many and what other scripts he has sitting around considering he seems to be fond of writing.
Fundamentally, "The Aviator" and "Rules don't apply" leave out Hughes' wilderness years, and, much like Dunkirk, it might be up to Nolan to give a full picture of Hughes, which, I guess in my opinion, hasn't been done yet. Also, I don't like DiCaprio in the Aviator, he comes of like a boy wearing adult clothes...Jim Carrey, especially now that he is older, is gonna rock it.

Nolan said it was the best writing experience he've ever had in that Happy Sad Confused podcast. Really want to see a more character-driven Nolan film, beacuse I think at most times, it's plot (expect Batman ones maybe).

natalie wrote:

Fundamentally, "The Aviator" and "Rules don't apply" leave out Hughes' wilderness years, and, much like Dunkirk, it might be up to Nolan to give a full picture of Hughes, which, I guess in my opinion, hasn't been done yet. Also, I don't like DiCaprio in the Aviator, he comes of like a boy wearing adult clothes...Jim Carrey, especially now that he is older, is gonna rock it.
I'd much rather see Bryan Cranston then Carrey. Jim isn't in the head space anymore to be a movie star. I'd really love to see Nolan make this soon, saying it's the best thing he has ever written gets me excited. Cranston + Nolan in the best thing he has ever written about Howard Hughes = awards galore...well if the rest of the cast is diverse enough :roll: . Said it was about his later years and Cranston is in that age. He would be able to handle the range needed for the craziness. Plus he even looks like him.

It's going be nearly 20 years since Aviator if he does it next. That movie was about his younger years I believe? I couldn't finish it. Found it tedious, but I was younger. Think it's been enough time. Could use a smaller budgeted movie after Tenet/pandemic fiasco

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
I was thinking if he ends up doing this without Jim Carry, Adam Driver might be a good choice to play Hughes.