The Keys To The Street - An adaption of the Rendell novel

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Nolan is doing more interesting things... i guess he put it in his draw

Z. Cobb wrote:Nolan is doing more interesting things... i guess he put it in his draw
Yeah. I'd like him to do this one day though, it's a nice script.

talli wrote:what happened to this? I just read the screenplay and thought it was really good. I think it could be a great film. Probably below Nolan at this point, but if it was made around the time of insomnia and the prestige I think it wouldve been a great fit. Its wonderfully constructed story.
I have a gut feeling he wanted to do something with the material that Fox or the producers didn't want to do. They hired a writer after Nolan left by the looks of it as it's been through another draft by another writer.
Either way he did the right thing walking away from this to do something else but I have a gut feeling it will never be made, as I can't see Nolan's name being hot as it is now with the Batman films. So if there is no movement now it will never move, esspecially as it's a Ruth Rendell novel which tend to be straight to TV films.

Shame really as the material deserves better, just needs some work :)

perhaps his next project?

thrice wrote:perhaps his next project?
Yeah, this could make for a very different but very interesting new project for Nolan. Very different from his more recent work.
Do you... like pineapple?

jibran wrote:
thrice wrote:perhaps his next project?
Yeah, this could make for a very different but very interesting new project for Nolan. Very different from his more recent work.
I don't think Nolan would direct it. It's been shelved for years and now that he's one of the Biggest Directors in Hollywood, I don't think he would go back to his script.

BlairCo wrote:
jibran wrote:
I don't think Nolan would direct it. It's been shelved for years and now that he's one of the Biggest Directors in Hollywood, I don't think he would go back to his script.
He did go back to Inception though.

I guess this movie/screenplay isn't on the same 'scale' of what he's used to now. Which is a teensy bit disappointing.

jibran wrote:
BlairCo wrote: I don't think Nolan would direct it. It's been shelved for years and now that he's one of the Biggest Directors in Hollywood, I don't think he would go back to his script.
He did go back to Inception though.

I guess this movie/screenplay isn't on the same 'scale' of what he's used to now. Which is a teensy bit disappointing.
But Inception was a Screenplay he was working on for years; he never wrote it in under one year and then stopped, he kept coming back to it with new ideas. He finished The Keys to the Street after, I think it was, Insomnia but decided to shelve it because of Batman Begins.

I'd certainly be happy if he breathed new life into this one. I want to see a bit of early Nolan again.
Actually, I want to see Nolan do another movie like Following (with all the fancy tricks he's learned over the years). There was something about the feeling and tone of that film.

If the screenplay was rewritten, then yes. I read it about 2 years ago and I remember not liking the screenplay.