The Keys To The Street - An adaption of the Rendell novel

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Either way, the romance parts were awful.

Well in my view it was an unfinished screenplay that still needed to be worked on from what I can see, but I agree it's not very good.
I think Nolan did the right thing and took a gamble instead and made Memento. :)

Now he's doing his own thing again with 200 million :thumbup:

Their whole plot to get money from her was stupid.

And yes, I'm glad he made Memento instead.

Where did you guys read it?

Whoa! Never noticed it was up there. Maybe there should be an "(Unfilmed)" label next to it.

Eternalist wrote:Whoa! Never noticed it was up there. Maybe there should be an "(Unfilmed)" label next to it.
Yeah I emailed it to them about a week ago, only been up for a couple of days Eternalist.

rbevanx wrote:Well in my view it was an unfinished screenplay that still needed to be worked on from what I can see, but I agree it's not very good.
I think Nolan did the right thing and took a gamble instead and made Memento. :)

Now he's doing his own thing again with 200 million :thumbup:
That screenplay is either a fake, or it has been seriously altered by the revisions guy. It just does not read like a Nolan screenplay. The descriptions are so corny. If you read Nolan's screenplays - you'll see that they are very sparse and the descriptions are stripped down. This is not a Nolan screenplay.

peteagassi wrote: That screenplay is either a fake, or it has been seriously altered by the revisions guy. It just does not read like a Nolan screenplay. The descriptions are so corny. If you read Nolan's screenplays - you'll see that they are very sparse and the descriptions are stripped down. This is not a Nolan screenplay.
Are you sure?

what happened to this? I just read the screenplay and thought it was really good. I think it could be a great film. Probably below Nolan at this point, but if it was made around the time of insomnia and the prestige I think it wouldve been a great fit. Its wonderfully constructed story.