I think Nolan is perfect for making...

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
1. Akira live action remake (I'm a huge anime fan and I think this movie deserves the best director ... and Leo is producer, so why not?)
2. Ghost in the shell live action remake
3. Neuromancer movie

What you guys think?

I'm a huge fan of anime too, but honestly, I think Nolan should avoid it. I tried to think of any possible anime shows/manga novels he could adapt, but only "Paranoia Agent" comes to mind. Even so, live anime adaptations is risky business (see Dragonball Evolution :shock: ). It's never been done successfully, and I don't think it ever will.

ANONIMNIQ wrote:Paprika maybe (with a little ironic).
Nolan made it better. ;) I'd love to see an anime live adaptation done correctly for once. I think one of the reasons Hollywood wont touch anime is because it doesn't have much of a following outside of Japan and maybe America. And besides, most people think anime is too over-the-top to even be considered a movie. Anime needs to stick with it's original art form, and masters like Miyazaki should continue to create amazing films.

I'd love to see a biography done on an classical composer, but in Nolan's dark style.

JRFuerst wrote:I'd love to see a biography done on an classical composer, but in Nolan's dark style.
Now that's a thought. Maybe he should make a biographical movie about a historical vilain. I'm thinking Rasputin. Or many others but I think Rasputin could... kinda... hmm.. work... well he's a very tricky subject.

I would love to see Nolan tackle some kind of series. I don't think diving into Television is something he would ever consider, but I would really be interested in seeing his story telling skills play out over a longer time. I love movies, but it's painfully obvious that a single movie is only a good first act. And even expanding on a trilogy isn't enough.

When I think of anime I recall Full Metal Alchemist. The 51 episode first run and 60+ second run were both fantastic and if you go back and watch them you begin to realize how important every episode is. I think Nolan would be awesome doing something like that.

In continuation of my previous post in this thread - Nolan would be great for a biography on Romantic French composer Hector Berlioz. Mainly talk about his attempt at suicide (overdose on opium) and the dream he had that led to his most famous and celebrated work - Symphony Fantastique.

nolan is perfect for making the first great video game adaption: heavy rain..