Nolan and Metal Gear Solid

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
i am big Metal Gear Solid Fan , My opinion is the only one who could make epic metal gear solid movie is Nolan ,because takes things seriously.

I hope for Christopher Nolan is to know about Metal Gear Solid Series, and talk to Hideo Kojima

I think he is the only director around who I think could do MGS justice. I bet he could really make a great MGS1 but idk if even he could do MGS 2 justice, there is just so much complexity to MGS2 somebody would have to cut a lot of it out and it wouldn't feel right

That would be incredible. And probably the first time a Video Game adaptation would be a great movie.

I mean, the espionage elements in Inception show he'd be good at setting up atmosphere for an MGS film. Though I don't know who'd they cast as Snake.

Bale is the only person who could be Solid Snake, and he has already said he wants to play Snake so that much is likely. As for Nolan directing, that is unlikely

one more reason for this

mgs4 trailer The Dark Knight Rises style

Okay, I'll first have to state a couple of things.
1. Metal Gear is EXTREMELY outlandish with no such thing as a fourth wall. Sure, Inception could be considered a damn good experiment of the fourth wall but it's far more subtle than Metal Gear.
2. If you take all the cutscenes of the first Solid game, you get about 3 hours. The games will need to be heavily condensed and I doubt a lot of Metal Gear fans would be happy about it. It's not quite like getting rid of Tom Bombadil in the Lord of The Rings movies, because with Metal Gear it's a little hard to single-out plot points that don't really affect the plot at all.
3. Metal Gear's dialogue is terrible. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the series and I adore the story. But if you listen to the dialogue it's very cringe-worthy. Yet it somehow moves me, weird. Anyway, Nolan would have to do extensive rewrites in order to make it acceptable for movie-going audiences as well as film buffs. Once again, fans won't be too happy about that (and quite frankly Metal Gear has one of the worst fanbases out there).

With those points said, would I like to see Nolan make a Metal Gear movie? Absolutely. I think he can do wonders with the themes of the series and can probably do for game movies the equivalent of ten times what he did for comic movies.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

Strochakovic wrote:Don't you guys think that Kojima wants to overlook the whole process with a movie?
And how would that work with Nolan?
Well, it'd be hard to tell.

First off, I wouldn't say Kojima wants to be doing Metal Gear for his entire career, but he keeps having to do. First he intended MGS to be the finale, then he was going to leave directing duties for MGS3 to someone else (the same goes for 4. Sadly, a combination of pressure from Konami and various death threats (and people wonder why I hate MG's fanbase) led him to keep coming back). Then he left a team to handle Metal Gear Solid Rising by itself while he worked on Peace Walker and a couple of other projects, and look how that turned out. Now he's working on MGS5 and just like the Snakes he seems to be cursed to do the same thing over and over again. I kinda feel sorry for him, because he does have various ideas including a film.

However, knowing his love for film and how offended he got over the question of a certain director possibly helming a Metal Gear movie, he might be quite demanding or meddling when it comes to an adaption, even for a filmmaker like Nolan.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

Nolan, Bale, MGS

I'm a true MGS fan since i was kid. And I'm a true Nolan Fan. So it's exciting.
I don't see Nolan take a franchise again. Not right now.

But the prospect that he might be doing a Metal Gear Solid film is probably great.

But I wanna see Nolan in something original!

Not really MGS related but Kojima reviewed TDKR:

"Saw "Dark Knight Rises". Extraordinary big in scale! This ain't movie anymore, this is the reality of the world we live in. Not a fiction in Gotham City, it is the city we live tomorrow. Not merely a movie based on American Comics, it is the story of our shadow and hope."

My brother and I were talking about how TDKR could have been explanded on from Sons of Liberty.
After Arsenal Gear crashes into Manhattan, Solidus and terrorists take control of the city while Metal Gear Rays patrol the streets. The civilians and Snake (with friends) need to work together to take back the city.
Would make for a fun game.
Do you... like pineapple?