Nolan and Metal Gear Solid

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
I know nothing about Metal Gear Solid -- is there an interesting story?

nolannolanchrischris wrote:I know nothing about Metal Gear Solid -- is there an interesting story?
It's a very niche story. There's lots of deconstructions of the action hero, analysis of war and nuclear warfare along with big emotional drama. There's also no fourth wall, insane moments that make no sense and the ham is set to full. It's serious but it acknowledges its silliness, along with being extremely intelligent in its themes.

and to be honest a lot of fans arguably don't get the point in aspects of the story despite how much it hammers it all in.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

Oh my god, that would be the best news ever !!!!
I would love to see a more personal work from Nolan like Inception and Memento but I want Nolan's MGS even more than that.
For anyone who played the game understands me, its so awesome, the series have such high critical acclaim and amazing storyline. The main character is such a badass.

poplar wrote:No please. Now I want from Nolan something original like Memento or Prestige, not superproduction... :judge:
AGreed!!!!

darthnazgul wrote:
constantine wrote:Finally, when asked about the Metal Gear movie he confirmed that he wouldn't be directing it. When pressed for a wish list, he name dropped Christopher Nolan and Quentin Tarantino as directors and Ben Affleck, Hugh Jackman, and Tom Hardy as possible leads. This was just off the top of his head, though. None of these figures have actually been in talks about it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... g-the-boss
Tom Hardy as Snake? I can't really see that but the guy is a chameleon.
Out of those three, I can probably see Hugh Jackman the most. I can't see any of those guys as Snake. But one things for sure, I don't care if Nolan directs or not, Liam Neeson as Old Snake.
EDIT: Cillian Murphy as Otacon.

I may be in the minority of these boards, but I really hope Nolan does the Metal Gear film. Plus, Kojima has expressed interest in Chris specifically. We'll see...

Big Boss - Kurt Russell
Old Snake - Liam Neeson
Young Snake - Hugh Jackman
Solidus Snake - Bryan Cranston
Otacon - Cillian Murphy
Revolver Ocelot(Young) - Leonardo DiCaprio
Revolver Ocelot(Old) - Danny Huston :judge:
Raiden - Josh Pence or Taylor Kitsch(I really don't like how this guy act, but he have much likeness to the character physically)
Vamp - Jason Flemyng(Just watch his work as Azazel on X-Men: First Class) or Vincent Cassel(Actually he practice capoeira and that's a plus). Of course both actor need a gym workout.
Meryl - Anne Hathaway
Col. Roy Campbell - Dennis Quaid or Kevin Costner

Joseph Dazz wrote:Big Boss - Kurt Russell
Old Snake - Liam Neeson
Young Snake - Hugh Jackman
Solidus Snake - Bryan Cranston
Otacon - Cillian Murphy
Revolver Ocelot(Young) - Leonardo DiCaprio
Revolver Ocelot(Old) - Danny Huston :judge:
Raiden - Josh Pence or Taylor Kitsch(I really don't like how this guy act, but he have much likeness to the character physically)
Vamp - Jason Flemyng(Just watch his work as Azazel on X-Men: First Class) or Vincent Cassel(Actually he practice capoeira and that's a plus). Of course both actor need a gym workout.
Meryl - Anne Hathaway
Col. Roy Campbell - Dennis Quaid or Kevin Costner
If they ever introduce him, Daniel Craig as Liquid Snake.

MGS is not a good video game. A movie on the big screen made by Nolan - highly improbable, but possible of course. There is always the chance it can turn out to be an interesting project in the end. We'll see.