Novels you'd like to see Nolan Adapt?..

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Neil Gaiman's American Gods
Stephen King's The Dark Tower
The Most Dangerous Game
Something by Ray Bradbury

juliansplat4 wrote:Neil Gaiman's American Gods
The Most Dangerous Game
Mentioned Ray Bradbury in a past post on here:-) Would love to see him adapt the stories of The Illustrated Man by Bradbury..HA..Hardy could play the eccentric, magical ,tattooed circus freak whose tattoos come to life to tell stories..... !! :tooexcited: Seriously though, those collection of short stories in that book are awesome:-)

Tithe: A Modern Faerie Tale

Not exactly right up Nolan's alley, but still would be a very interesting adaption.

The Most Dangerous Game
American Gods is being made into a tv-series, which perhaps suits it better, since it's a long and complicated book. But I agree that Nolan's style would suit it perfectly.

Haruki Murakami's Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World would be interesting. Although thematically very close to Inception, so maybe he would be bored.

And Nolan is one of the very few directors I would be happy to see adapt William Gibson's books, particularly the latest trilogy (Pattern Recognition, Spook Country and Zero history). Nolan would get the atmosphere right. Only (very little) problem here is that these books have female leads, and female characters in Nolan movies generally leave me wanting. Still, I think he would do justice to these books.

Something by Nelson Demille. Demille's John Corey character is one of my all time favorites.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

solo2001 wrote:Infinite Jest - David Foster Wallace
Too long but something of that nature.
"When art imitates life"

siru wrote:
The Most Dangerous Game
American Gods is being made into a tv-series, which perhaps suits it better, since it's a long and complicated book. But I agree that Nolan's style would suit it perfectly.

Haruki Murakami's Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World would be interesting. Although thematically very close to Inception, so maybe he would be bored.

And Nolan is one of the very few directors I would be happy to see adapt William Gibson's books, particularly the latest trilogy (Pattern Recognition, Spook Country and Zero history). Nolan would get the atmosphere right. Only (very little) problem here is that these books have female leads, and female characters in Nolan movies generally leave me wanting. Still, I think he would do justice to these books.
Sigh...

George Orwell's 1984, with Guy Pearce as Winston Smith, Marion Cotillard as Julia, and Liam Neeson as O'Brien.

Vader182 wrote:
Z. Cobb wrote:either a Philip K Dick Novel or Philip K Dick Exegesis to make a biographical film.
While I'd love to see more of his adaptations brought to the screen with candor and artistry of Blade Runner and Minority Report, many of Philip K Dick's novels lend themselves to a tonal quality outside Nolan's biting realism. Though the unique tone and atmosphere of Inception give me hope he could evolve to posses the type of skills to produce this kind of picture effectively, I can't say with any confidence I think he's the man for the job.

-Vader
OH ... YES!

Perfect, if "The Man in the High Castle" would get his biting realism and in this case it will almost certainly end up as a masterpiece!

A masterpiece this exceptional Hugo award winning alternate history novel truly deserves!

Out of this world if this would happen...

Ceremonia Secreta by Marco Denevi
I know it's never gonna happen but... my wishes.