Nolan WWII

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
W/ all this genre talk about potential Nolan projects, I thought I'd throw a different one into the mix: war, but to be more specific, WWII. I didn't think about this until I saw the flashback sequences in Shutter Island (a film I think Nolan himself could've taken a stab at). It's the 30's/40's, so film noir could stylistically fit in. Any thoughts?

Personally, I'm not a fan of those movies.

There are already a WWII movies.One is Saving Private Ryan. And I, personally think it's gonna be hard to beat that one.

I'd be okay with it, but I don't want to be a film coming from different soldiers perpectives. I'd like to see him write a smaller story in the context of the World War 2 era.

I know a title that will:

1. Revolve around the WWII timeline.
2. Be the first Nolan Horror movie.
3. Possibly be his most controversial movie and most probable of failure.
4. Be least possible to come out.
Wolfenstein.
Don't mind me, I missed my 1st April prank and I had to compencate.

dagn96 wrote:There are already a WWII movies.One is Saving Private Ryan. And I, personally think it's gonna be hard to beat that one.
there are already one?! wtf. There are tons, personally I got around 30 in my collection. Saving Private Ryan is not my favorite though. The best film/series based on WWII gotta be Band of Brothers, that is the most extraordinary mini series, everything from acting, story and directing is just top notch.

Personally I don't really think war movies is Nolans type of film, Nolan enjoys working with the mind and working with individuals and relations between people. But if he was ever to make a WWII movie, im convinced it would be an entire new take on the war movie genre. It would be something we never had seen before.
War movies are not my favorite genre, most likely because most of them always has a shallow story and shallow characters. But there is some good ones out there though.
Last edited by Jones on June 30th, 2010, 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

yes

Jonas Agersø wrote:there are already one?! wtf. There are tons, personally I got around 30 in my collection. Saving Private Ryan is not my favorite though. The best film/series based on WWII gotta be Band of Brothers, that is the most extraordinary mini series, everything from acting, story and directing is just top notch.

Personally I don't really think war movies is Nolans type of film, Nolan enjoys working with the mind and working with individuals and relations between people. But if he was ever to make a WWII movie, im convinced it would be an entire new take on the war movie genre. It would be something we never had seen before.
War movies are not my favorite genre, most likely because most of them always has a shallow story and shallow characters. But there is some good ones out there though.
He probably meant there are lots - one is Private Ryan.

dagn96 wrote:There are already a WWII movies.One is Saving Private Ryan. And I, personally think it's gonna be hard to beat that one.
I agree. Topping Saving Private Ryan is going to be exceptionally hard even for Nolan.

That1 wrote:
Jonas Agersø wrote:there are already one?! wtf. There are tons, personally I got around 30 in my collection. Saving Private Ryan is not my favorite though. The best film/series based on WWII gotta be Band of Brothers, that is the most extraordinary mini series, everything from acting, story and directing is just top notch.

He probably meant there are lots - one is Private Ryan.
Exactly.