Nolan Directing A Dystopian Future Film

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Would you guys be interested in seeing Nolan create his own dystopian future story? I feel like if anyone can capture the tone, atmosphere, and intricacies of a deep, horrific dystopian future... it would be him.

Nolan described himself as very much a pessimist, and we're all familiar with how well Nolan is able to capture the darker elements of human emotions and society, so it just makes me think he'd really be able to create one hell of a possible society in the future.

Brave New World adaption? I'd love it. But I'd also love his own unique take on society.

PS: This thread was inspired by this, lol:

doesn't Interstellar kind of cover that base a bit?

Cilogy wrote:doesn't Interstellar kind of cover that base a bit?
Hmm, very good point. I didn't consider that.

That is what I was going to say. Also I would say Interstellar would be more realistic

I just imagined a Christopher Nolan Children of Men film.

I came.

11072014 wrote:I just imagined a Christopher Nolan Children of Men film.

I came.
The world is not ready.

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
Cilogy wrote:doesn't Interstellar kind of cover that base a bit?
Hmm, very good point. I didn't consider that.
Even Inception is kind of a dystopian film, albeit of a subtle kind. Massive, faceless corporations with internationally-reaching powers, limits undefined... the fear that your most private thoughts might be being invaded every time you go to sleep? Kind of proto-cyberpunk-ish. I feel like Nolan prefers to leave the worst up to our imaginations... "when we refused to drop bombs on starving countries" or whatever it was Brand Sr. said...

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
11072014 wrote:I just imagined a Christopher Nolan Children of Men film.

I also came when i read that

I came.
The world is not ready.